Georgia-Pacific (a Koch Industries company) is seeking Accounting Talent to join our Wood & Fiber Supply Accounting Team, located in Dothan, AL. Dothan is located in Southeast Alabama, less than a two-hour drive from the beautiful beaches on the Florida Gulf of Mexico. Depending on the experience you bring; as an Accountant or Senior Accountant on the team, you will report directly to the Accounting Supervisor, and will create value by providing accounting and analysis support for WFS procurement and settlement across the company.
The ideal candidate must possess knowledge of accounting and financial principles, strong internal financial control values, a keen attention to detail, and be an active learner. You will be a team player, as well as a highly motivated individual that excels in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. Overtime and some travel will be involved.
Georgia-Pacific is one of the world’s leading makers of tissue, pulp, packaging, building products and related chemicals. You may recognize our household brands, such as Brawny® paper towels, Quilted Northern® bath tissue and Dixie® cups and tableware. If you’re in the construction business, you’re probably familiar with our gypsum panels and other quality building materials. Even if you work in aerospace, mining or facilities management, Georgia-Pacific products may be part of your day.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Perform financial closing procedures, variance analysis, and balance sheet account analysis
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations to ensure account balances are correct and adequately supported
- Create and present ad-hoc financial reporting and analysis for internal customers in WFS
- Actively engage with internal customers, developing strong relationships with operations management to better understand and anticipate business needs
- Support the business by facilitating a strong internal financial control environment
- Participate in location Audits
- Look to identify, recommend, and support process improvements and ensure the delivery of optimal services
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance or a related Business field
- Conceptual or working knowledge of general accounting functions (G/L, Intercompany Transactions, Account Reconciliations, Journal Entries, Variance Analysis, Month-End close) and Internal Financial Controls
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite or Office 365; that includes MS Excel skills (spreadsheet creation/editing, pivot tables, data manipulation/analysis and formula creation)
What Will Put You Ahead
- If Accounting is not your degree major - Intermediate to Advanced Accounting Coursework is strongly preferred
- SAP and/or Infinium experience
- Account settlement, account reconciliation, variance analysis, or expense allocation experience
- Customer service, client engagement, or business support experience
- Experience gathering and reporting from a large volume of data, that originated from different systems
- Manufacturing or Consumer Products experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf