Environmental, Health and Safety Manager
Georgia-Pacific is now hiring an Environmental Health and Safety Manager to provide leadership and presence at our Leominster, MA facility. The EH&S Manager provides leadership and strategic direction by building a partnership with front-line leadership and collaborating with business partners to develop and mentor the production team relating to EH&S. In this role, EH&S Managers ensure systems to effectively address facility EHS risk profiles. The EH&S role consists of an estimate of 80% Safety and 20% Environmental.
Georgia-Pacific in Leominster, MA manufactures Dixie® plastic cutlery that is used in households, schools, hospitals, and other businesses around the world. GP employees strive for safety and health excellence in the workplace.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Providing proactive leadership and direction to achieve the EH&S vision through management commitment and employee ownership
- Developing and aligning facility EH&S programs and strategies according to the business/enterprise EH&S plan
- Fostering an environment where employees understand and exercise their decision rights regarding EH&S ensuring the EH&S vision is developed and integrated
- Facilitating EH&S ownership by the line organization through integration of the EH&S Management System
- Ensuring EH&S system elements are integrated into the line organization's responsibilities and expectations
- Leading the development of risk assessment methods/systems for anticipating, identifying, and evaluating hazards
- Increasing critical hazard awareness thereby reducing the likelihood of at-risk behaviors
- Ensuring an effective change management process is in place
- Partnering with facility leadership to develop short and long-term EH&S objectives, targets, strategies, and measures that prioritize and mitigate risks
- Ensuring the development, improvement, and implementation of training systems to meet facility needs utilizing qualified instructors
- Conducting routine management reviews and adjusting plans as necessary
- Utilizing development plans to grow the teams' EH&S skills and knowledge
- Ability to manage and develop constituencies that provide assistance to the EH&S department & Plant
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Safety, Environmental, EHS related field OR Five (5+) years equivalent EHS experience
- Three (3+) years of EHS experience in a manufacturing or industrial setting
What Will Put You Ahead
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or demonstrated progress to attain CSP or other professional safety certifications
- Previous leadership experience
- Professional Engineer experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf