We're growing our Sourcing Team within Molex! We're seeking a dynamic buyer to join us! This role will be responsible for buying and planning of purchased materials (components and finished goods / direct and indirect spend) used in our manufacturing and warehousing operations.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Execute SAP MRP, review requisitions/planned orders, and release Purchase Orders in SAP to meet Molex requirements. Process MRP exception messages to align open Purchase Orders with requirements
- Create expense reqs (indirect spend) using “Coupa” software to support various production support, EH&S, and MRO requirements
- Champion the new supplier on-boarding process including supplier selection, qualification, documentation requirements, and SAP Ariba software management
- Manage the supply base with the goal of supplying world class performance in terms of delivery, quality, and cost. Measure supplier performance and establish continuous improvement action plans through the use of internal Supplier Monitoring meetings, Supplier Scorecards, on-site visits, Supplier Quality Audits, Conference calls, etc. Support sustaining activities including supplier QMS documentation, Corporate Social Responsibility requirements, Supplier Net, etc. All Supplier Management activities to support TS16949 compliance
- Perform all procurement functions with the goal of 100% on-time delivery to customers of conforming material at the most competitive total cost
- Work in conjunction with corporate A/P, TBO Receiving, and the Suppliers for timely resolution of any Accounts Payable processing workflow exceptions; Work with suppliers and plants regarding the return of rejected materials
- Field expedites from manufacturing. Contacts the supplier and interfaces with production to prevent any interruptions in the production of parts and to perform to our customers’ request
- Able to use data to analyze business metrics and drive good decisions for continuous improvement activities
- Understand, support and contribute to Molex GLSS (Global Lean Six Sigma), IATF / ISO9000 Quality Management and ISO14001 Environmental Management Systems
The Experience You Will Bring
- 2 years materials / purchasing related experience in a manufacturing environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technology
- APICS CPIM and/or CSCP; ISM CPM certification
- Solid understanding of materials management concepts such as forecasting, inventory management, and MRP
- Strong negotiation and communication skills to work with suppliers and internal customers
- SAP experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf