Industrial Maintenance Technician
Our Georgia-Pacific Green Bay Packerland facility is searching for an Electrical Mechanical Technician to work a 12-hour swing shift in our Maintenance department. This is a highly skilled hourly position requiring a thorough understanding of safe work practices, troubleshooting, and precision maintenance of manufacturing equipment and processes. The successful applicant will support the Green Bay Packerland Facility’s maintenance efforts and strive to further a reliability vision of creating an environment where equipment operates as designed, runs predictably, and never fails.
In addition to a competitive starting salary, team members also receive a full benefits package, overtime opportunities, and two (2) weeks of vacation, prorated for the first year. External applicants are eligible to receive a sign-on bonus equal to 15% of the total earnings from the first 90 calendar days of employment.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Troubleshoot electrical systems that use up to 480-volt 3 phase voltage
- Use deductive reasoning to diagnose electrical and mechanical processes on converting, packaging, conveying, and palletizing equipment
- Diagnose problems with 3 phase electric motors and motor starters
- Diagnose hard wired control circuits, CAT III safety circuits, and Programable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Safely troubleshoot circuits using various Ladder Logic Software, electrical schematics, and various test equipment
- Troubleshoot, repair, and replace mechanical equipment to include, but not limited to, motors, bearings, pumps, gearboxes, conveyer components, hydraulic components, pneumatic components, and belt drive systems
- Adhere to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures and actively participate in the safety program
- Support the facility’s maintenance efforts and strive to further a reliability vision of creating an environment where equipment operates as designed, runs predictably, and never fails
- Perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Communicate with all levels of an organization via reports, email, verbally, and/or in small/large group or team environment
- Use comprehension reading skills to carry out complex written instructions
- Use basic hand tools and use precision maintenance techniques
The Experience You Will Bring
- One or more of the following:
- Minimum of two (2) years electrical/mechanical experience in an industrial, manufacturing or a military environment
- Two (2) year technical degree or higher in the electro-mechanical or industrial maintenance field
- Completion of an apprenticeship program
- Current enrollment in an electro-mechanical or industrial maintenance program,2yr or higher, with a graduation date of 2021
- Familiarity with electrical circuits, PLC’s, AC/DC variable drives, and servo drive controls
What Will Put You Ahead
- Mechanical and electrical maintenance experience in the paper industry
- Experience troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing various types of industrial equipment
- Experience and understanding of precision maintenance practices
- Welding certification or experience
- Experience on various types of machining equipment
- Rigging certification or experience
- Working knowledge of National Electric Code and compliance to the code
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com