Controls Engineer - Automated Assembly
This job posting is no longer active.
Very Competitive Salary and Benefits!! Clean and climate controlled environment.
The Controls Engineer – Automated Assembly works independently across all departments and functional areas, focusing on improvement, support, and development of new and existing equipment control systems. This is an excellent opportunity to showcase, and grow, your skills and be recognized for your contributions!
Molex offers a tremendous benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance. Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Short-term and Long-term Disability insurance. A 401K plan that matches $1 for $1 up to the first 4%, vested immediately and an additional 3% match at the end of the year, vested after 3 years. We also offer Parental Leave, Adoption and Surrogacy Assistance, and Educational Assistance. In addition to all of this, we also have a powerful Wellness program and an on-site fitness center.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work closely with Controls engineering and production areas to ensure equipment is operating at targeted efficiency and quality goals.
- Manage, prioritize, and implement controls projects requested by management, engineering, quality, and production areas, focusing on continuous improvement.
- Proactively find and implement process improvement opportunities to resolve manufacturing equipment’s design, safety, and process issues with existing and new equipment.
- Provide controls technical leadership, knowledge, and direction to maintenance support personnel as required.
- Ensure smooth transition of new products to the manufacturing facilities by participating in the NPD process to understand and give direction on machine controls and product inspection/test issues.
- Provide controls related input for product equipment design reviews and process FMEA’s.
- Research and develop new equipment and control technologies related to Molex manufacturing processes to continuously improve our manufacturing methods.
- Establish working relationships with outside suppliers, providing installation and support on external equipment.
- Serve as a contributing member reviewing manufacturing issues on teams as required.
- Assist in after-hours support for production processes as required
The Experience You Will Bring
- A.A.S. in Electronics or Controls related technical field
- Experience troubleshooting, modifying, and repairing electronic and electrical control systems
- Experience in PLC, HMI and/or servo control programming
- Must have CAD and documentation skills to communicate design, fabrication, and support of electronic/electrical control systems
- Excellent problem solving skills
What Will Put You Ahead
- B.S. in Electronics/Electrical Engineering
- Three years industrial work experience in PLC, HMI, or servo controls programming, with specific experience in AB, Yaskawa, or Beckhoff controls
- Broad knowledge of high-speed manufacturing processes
- Strong electro-mechanical background
- Design of electronic and electrical control systems
- Experience in configuration and troubleshooting of PC operating systems, software, hardware, and network systems
- Design and troubleshooting of servo, machine vision, and pneumatic systems
- Design of machine electrical and safety circuits using NFPA and OSHA standards.
- Ability to read and analyze product and tooling drawings as related to specification inspection requirements
- Ability to program in at least one high level software programming language such as C, C++
- Experience in Microsoft Visual Studio environment and DB client/server
- Experience with statistical tools and methods
- Ability to learn, analyze, modify and troubleshoot many different controls system’s programming types and styles
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.