Genesis Robotics Manufacturing Engineer Co-op Spring 2022
Genesis has a unique new opportunity for a Manufacturing Design Co-op Student looking to contribute to a truly unique business environment. You will help us build a world-class Manufacturing operation. The ideal candidate will have a creative approach to problem solving and can help guide us as we commercialize our inventive core actuation (electric motors, gears, combined actuators) technologies.
You will be pivotal in developing best practices as we scale our Manufacturing capability and capacity. Reporting to the team lead, you will collaborate with high-caliber engineering professionals as well as a talented array of technologists from multiple disciplines.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Participate in problem solving and improvement activities to increase production efficiency
- Design and implement fixtures and equipment to improve manufacturing processes using CAD software
- Assist in process time studies
- Assist in the documentation of manufacturing processes including, but not limited to work instructions, standards, and reports
- Assist in manufacturing project board updating and documentation
- Follow and implement health and safety standards on the production floor
- Maintain a clean and organized production floor
- Assist in the maintenance of machinery and production line equipment
- Assist the assembly team with the completion of work orders through the shop
- Implement 5S and other Lean improvements in manufacturing and on the production floor
- Assist in managing the manufacturing PDM library
- Monitor and update the part numbers of jig, fixtures, and tools on the production line
- Proficiency in Solidworks
- Familiarity with PDM software
- Proficiency in mechanical design
- Proficiency in rapid prototyping
- Proficiency in MS Word and Visio
WHAT WILL PUT YOU AHEAD:
WHO IS GENESIS ROBOTICS?
Genesis Robotics & Motion Technologies develops and commercializes innovative actuation technologies, including electric motors and gears, for robotics and other end markets. Our core patented product is a high-torque direct drive robotic actuator – the LiveDrive™. The LiveDrive™, along with a growing portfolio of other motion technologies, will power the world’s fastest, safest, and most versatile robots.
Located in Langley, British Columbia, our rapidly growing team is currently made up of 100+ individuals with diverse skillsets: PhD engineers, designers, physicists, mathematicians, highly skilled machinists and fabricators, and business development and sales professionals.
Genesis received a strategic, majority stake investment from Koch Industries in April 2018. As a part of the Koch family, we are now able to leverage the capabilities and strength of one of the world’s largest private companies as we look to bring our technologies to the world.
See more at our website: http://www.genesis-robotics.com/
our Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD5azmfUwUcfAvJn8jl1_eg
and on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/17962496/