Product Development Design Engineer - Connectors
Product Development Design Engineer - Connectors/Terminals
We continue to grow our Engineering Staff and are looking for a talented Product Development Engineer II to join our team. If you are looking for a way to accelerate your career and be part of a great company, this may be the opportunity for you.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to support new connector and terminal product development projects as well as modifications and extension activities for legacy products through all product development phases required to bring concepts into production
What You Will Do In Your Role
Concept Design and Development
- Supports documentation of the project scope, requirements, feasibility, & engineering workplan. Supports senior engineer & product management in capturing customer needs.
- Execute concept development activities with some guidance from senior engineer. Expected to provide concepts that are manufacturable, cost effective, & meet customer requirements. Develops & communicates mitigation plan for areas of risk.
- Executes DFMEA, FEAs, Tolerance Analysis and other theoretical studies.
- Creates product models & drawings using GD&T methodology (Datum selection, dimensioning and tolerancing aligned with function) with some guidance from senior engineer. Prepares and follows engineering change requests (ECR) per document control procedures.
- Support senior engineer at technical reviews with internal and external customers using effective verbal and written communication skills
- Create / maintain engineering timelines, escalate barriers, and drive projects to completion
- Develop test plans (DVP&Rs) to validate product performance and analyze test results using statistical methods
- DOEs with guidance from senior engineer
- Hypothesis Testing
- Capability Studies
- Lead root cause analysis utilizing structured problem solving methods (8D, 5 Why, Fishbone)
- Some travel may be required.
- Performs other work-related duties as required by management.
Design Verification & Product Validation
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent science degree
- 3 years product design experience with basic knowledge in material mechanics, manufacturing processes, & engineering processes/tools (as defined in responsibilities)
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf