The Quality Engineer is responsible to support all aspects of the quality function in areas related to supplier quality, process and product quality improvement, internal and external auditing, customer quality management, new product introduction, ISO 9000 QMS development and maintenance, continuous improvement, and statistical data analysis.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Coordinate disposition of MRI and MRB materials and manage the process to meet company objectives
- Conduct internal process and product audits, report results to management and initiate appropriate corrective action
- Be a champion for continuous improvement
- Perform quality inspections and evaluations of product to verify conformance to specifications and determine process capability
- Participate in new product introduction design reviews
- Generate and issue new product quality plans
- Review and approve ECR and ECO for conformance to quality standards and requirements
- Coordinate RMA analysis for problem root cause determination and corrective action
- Support all core quality systems requirements for ISO9000 QMS implementation, management, and coordination. This includes documentation support, CAPA initiation, review, and closure, internal QMS lead audit, management review preparation and registrar audit support
- Participate in and lead continuous improvement activities based on Kaizen events focused on areas of quality cost and delivery (QCD)
- Conduct quality engineering studies such as design of experiments, process and performance capability studies and statistical process control analysis on product and process
- Development of policies, procedures, and processes, implement best practices
- Conduct internal and certification audits to maintain ISO 9001:2008 certification.
- Develop business and manufacturing processes and procedures that result in sustainable improved product yields and robust process control. Train staff in procedures and establish an internal audit program to verify compliance.
- Conduct supplier qualification and periodic audits, issue, track, and drive to closure supplier corrective actions. Evaluate and rate supplier quality performance for scorecard reporting and quarterly business reviews. Work across teams to improve supplier performance
- Develop and maintain Balanced Scorecard and additional departmental metrics to drive continuous improvement.
- Develop training programs in Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing.
- Travel as needed (flexibility 10-20%
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Engineering background in the areas of process, product, manufacturing, or quality engineering.
- Experience conducting quality audits for process, product and QMS
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelors or master’s degree in an Engineering, Science, or Mathematics/Statistics discipline
- Technical mastery of problem-solving tools and methodologies such as: Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA), Lean Sigma, or Design-For-Six Sigma (DFSS).A proven record of achieving results in a manufacturing environment
- Established record with 5 to 10 years of progressive responsibilities with mid-sized company in a manufacturing environment
- Quality certifications strongly desired: Certified Quality Manager; Certified Quality Engineer; Certified Quality Auditor; Certified Six Sigma Black Belt
- Proficient with Minitab software and/or other statistical software packages
- Effective project management skills and ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- Engineering background in optics assembly
- Hands-on capability
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf