Account Manager - General Motors Account
The Account Manager for the GM Automotive Transportation Solutions market segment is responsible for the development and implementation of sales strategies and plans to defend and protect existing business and identify opportunities for growth that align with roadmap initiatives. This individual will be responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships within the GM account and ensure a high level of customer service and satisfaction. Growth strategies will be implemented to increase GM vehicle content within the Molex Commercialization and New Product segments. Looking for a self-motivated individual who can successfully manage and prioritize own workload with minimal direct supervision, quick to learn new technology, and driven to pursue new business.
What You Will Do In Your Role
·Own the account strategy within assigned account segments and communicate to extended teams on within the Molex and GM organizations.
·Establish strong relationships at all organizational levels within the customer base and understand customers’ processes, business drivers and organizational models.
·Follow the Molex sales process using the SalesForce platform and know the assigned accounts supporting GM, plans for growth, maintain a robust opportunity funnel, drive opportunities to closure and evaluate performance to goals.
·Understand the automotive industry (applications, standards/regulations, significant drivers and trends), the customer’s organization and desired business outcomes. Become conversant with Molex offerings and delivery mechanisms as well as partner capabilities relevant to assigned accounts.
- Understands automotive industry from the OEM level down through the multi-tiered supply base
- Proactively collaborate with the Molex Product Managers and Business Development Teams.
- Qualifies customer opportunities, engages the appropriate resources and coordinates the solution design to impact the customer’s decision process and presents solutions to the customer (value proposition).
- Coordinates Molex account team, senior management and on-site GM technical team (domain experts) to plan for and win identified opportunities.
- Will provide continuous voice of customer to the Business Units to maintain a directed focus on where and how to grow.
- Will team with corporate Contracts and Negotiations group to come to terms with customer contracts.
- Negotiate pricing, discounts and business plan metrics. Support inside sales and customer service teams with information to enable accurate daily deliverables to the customer
- Support customer/internal account reviews with strong VoC.
- Sets and helps manage internal/external partner expectations.
- Ensures thorough familiarity with company policies and procedures. Appropriately applies policies and procedures in compliance with government laws. Policies and procedures include, but not limited to Standards of Business Conduct, Intellectual Property, Control Environment, Information Protection, ISO 9000 & 14000, government regulations (e.g. health, safety, quality and environmental).
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree or relevant equivalent experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel locally greater than 30% of time.
- Prior experience in technical sales, industrial distribution, manufacturing operations, systems integration or an engineering firm.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering discipline or Business Management. Additional business-related degree/experience preferred.
- Prior experience with machine builders and/or line builders in the automotive sector.
- Experience working with all levels of an industrial automation plant (customer) including VPs, plant engineers and OEM machine builders.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf