Lead Supplier Quality Engineer
Genesis Robotics and Motion Technologies - Lead Supplier Quality Engineer
At Genesis, there is no such thing as a dull moment. The path we are on is full of excitement, energy and exploring new frontiers. Picture having your own front row seat to the robotics revolution and the future of motion technologies. This is the journey Genesis has traveled since the company’s inception. The best part? We are just getting started.
With motivation and dedication, you will have the opportunity to design and implement best practices within a rapidly growing advanced manufacturing business. Your role will be highly dynamic, where you will lead your team of Supplier Quality Engineers on driving quality planning activities, selecting and evaluating suppliers, and defining required business processes. Both solution architecting and execution of plans will be your central focus. You will work closely with an energetic, skilled, and highly collaborative team of supply chain, manufacturing, and engineering professionals.
Our Guiding Principles of Humility, Integrity, Respect, Knowledge, Principled Entrepreneurship, Transformation, Self-Actualization, and Stewardship & Compliance define the Genesis culture. As a leader, you will demonstrate behavior that is consistent with these principles and develop a team environment consistent with our culture. If those virtues are in your DNA, then please send us your resume.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead a team of supplier quality engineers (SQEs) who are responsible for defining and developing the processes and requirements that will ensure the quality of purchased parts, components, and assemblies.
- Determine what resources are needed within the SQE team, and work with Talent Solutions to fill those needs.
- Support the self-actualization and career development journey of each team member; at Genesis, one of the most important roles for team leaders is the development of their people.
- Drive supplier quality tracking and continuous improvement through technical guidance and consultation.
- Review and assess manufacturing procedures, typically by visiting supplier facilities and observing their manufacturing environment.
- While conducting site visits and reviewing incoming products, supplier quality engineers also conduct tests and assessments on batches of products to identify recurring errors or quality issues.
- Act as the primary escalation point and liaison between our internal team and our suppliers.
- Ensure the consistent application of inspections and tests; review and analyze the results of inspection tests and help to determine the outcome of products that are not accepted.
- Initiate requests for corrective actions and follow up on the resolution of problems to solve supplier quality issues, and eliminate or minimize incoming inspections.
- Supervise and participate in the development and the initiation of the techniques for inspection, testing, and evaluation of incoming materials; evaluate techniques and recommends changes; work with supply chain, manufacturing, and engineering to define the procedures and quality standards.
- Supervise and participate in the development, implementation, and evaluation of studies of quality systems which identify the characteristics of suppliers.
- Apply statistical techniques to analyze supplier performance within the company or in the supplier’s facilities.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Degree in science or engineering discipline
- 5+ years of progressive experience as a Supplier Quality Engineer
- Experience leading a team in a manufacturing organization
- General quality background knowledge - understanding of measurement techniques, measurement systems analysis, inspection sampling plans, quality tools, 8D problem solving, and root cause analysis
- Knowledge of APQP concepts including PPAP, DFMEA, and PFMEA
- Thorough knowledge of technical elements of manufacturing and engineering, and the ability to identify flaws in processes or products
- Quality assurance skills – ability to inspect products and manufacturing environments to identify potential issues
- Strong statistical analysis skills; able to rigorously assess and analyze supplier data along with internal metrics
- Process enhancement – able to provide guidance on improving process efficiency while maintaining a high level of quality, safety, and reliability
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
- Strong ability and track record of influencing across an organization and with suppliers
- Proven ability to manage challenges while continuing to meet deadlines and achieve goals
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced team environment
- Strong time management skills and multi-tasking capabilities with the ability to prioritize
- Experience in managing a global supply base
- Exceptional leadership and collaboration skills
- Ability to travel 20% of the time
What Will Put You Ahead:
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer designation
- ASQ Certified Quality Auditor
- Knowledge of engineering materials, coatings and adhesives, mechanical design, and various manufacturing and fabrication processes
Who is Genesis Robotics?
Genesis Robotics & Motion Technologies develops and commercializes innovative actuation technologies, including electric motors and gears, for robotics and other end markets. Our core patented product is a high-torque direct drive robotic actuator – the LiveDrive™. The LiveDrive™, along with a growing portfolio of other motion technologies, will power the world’s fastest, safest, and most versatile robots.
Located in Langley, British Columbia, our rapidly growing team is currently made up of 150+ individuals with diverse skillsets: PhD engineers, designers, physicists, mathematicians, highly skilled machinists and fabricators, and business development and sales professionals.
As a part of the Koch family, we are able to leverage the capabilities and strength of one of the world’s largest private companies as we look to bring our technologies to the world.
Learn about the Humans of Genesis on our LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/genesis-robotics
See more at our website: http://www.genesis-robotics.com/ and on our Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD5azmfUwUcfAvJn8jl1_eg