Koch Methanol, LLC is looking to hire an Electrical Engineer to join the St. James, Louisiana team. This role will be responsible for development and implementation of the site’s electrical system integrity program. This individual will serve as the technical resource for the site’s electrical system framework, the maintenance thereof, and will lead optimization opportunities with respect to the existing electrical infrastructure.
With approximately 2 billion dollars invested to date. You will also be part of the global family of Koch Industries employing 120,000 people worldwide.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Champion the site’s electrical integrity and reliability program
- Assess and document the criticality of the site’s electrical equipment
- Lead failure modes and effects analysis for the plant’s most critical electrical equipment
- Create PM tasks to minimize known and hypothetical failure modes
- Develop testing, monitoring, and calibration procedures for electrical equipment
- Monitor electrical system and equipment performance. Make recommendations to improve reliability
- Own the identification, development, and implementation of the site’s electrical PM and PdM (thermography) programs
- Manage electrical schematics and one-line updates in conjunction with Document Control
- Investigate electrical failures to determine the root cause and serve as the site SME that will leads improvements to prevent reoccurrence
- Serve as site technical lead for electrical infrastructure modifications needed to support power generator optimization
- Ensure the site is leveraging the most effective, economical, and reliable technologies to meet business and customer needs
- Increase site’s asset reliability
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering and Five (5) years’ or more in electrical engineering OR Eight (8) or more years of electrical engineering experience
- Industrial Plant experience
- Voltage switchgear and relay experience
What Will Put You Ahead
- Power Distribution experience
- Experience with the National Electric Code (NFPA 70)
- Experience with the Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace (NFPA 70E)
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf