Join Invista as an Environmental Engineer, where you'll be an integral part of the team responsible for Environmental Compliance at the Victoria, TX Nylon Intermediates Manufacturing Facility. The successful candidate will have experience in Air Compliance and will also have a general background in compliance in other media. This role reports to the Environmental Manager.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Manage compliance within the INVISTA Compliance Standards, including risk assessment, risk management, internal audits, and self-assessments on the applicable programs such as the Air Compliance Standard, Waste Compliance Standard, Wastewater Compliance Standard, and compliance management practices site wide. Document facility specific compliance requirements and the system/process for achieving compliance associated with the assigned Programs.
- Complete required reporting, including Title V Deviation reporting and other periodic reports as assigned, ensuring truthful, accurate, complete and timely submittals.
- Provide support to Operations in various aspects including permit compliance roll-outs, training, project reviews, management of change evaluations, project safety reviews prior to start-up, emission event calculations and reporting, and oversight.
- Work in a team environment with various people to prepare permit applications for new equipment and/or changes in operation.
- Support/participate in the Emerging Issues Management Process by communicating with site operations and develop detailed compliance plans that identify affected equipment and processes.
- Field verify environmental compliance related activities.
- Ensure that all deadlines are met for the site Compliance Plan, periodic reports, and Consent Decree.
- Evaluate projects and MOCs for environmental permitting or notification requirements.
- Identify needed changes to procedures or practices and proactively develop plans to maintain or improve long-term compliance performance and address potential deviations.
- Conduct environmental training.
- Coordinate environmental testing.
The Experience You Will Bring
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical, Environmental, or other related Engineering or Science degree.
- 3+ years of experience with Environmental Compliance in an industrial/manufacturing setting, with working knowledge of federal and state laws governing Environmental compliance
- 3+ years of experience documenting regulatory applicability determinations, submitting reports, and field implementation of air management programs at a large industrial chemical or refining facility
- 3+ years of experience developing and submitting reports to state and federal agencies
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of, and experience in, Title V compliance and permitting; and Air Permitting compliance.
- Some level of knowledge of water or waste requirements within an industry complex.
- The ability to produce accurate, high-quality work in a time-sensitive fast paced environment.
- Proven ability to create work processes to assess and document compliance.
- The ability to organize, prioritize, and own multiple tasks while meeting and/or exceeding deadlines.
- Solid communication skills and proven success in communicating effectively with all levels.
- Initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a cross-functional team.
What Will Put You Ahead
- 5+ years of experience with comprehensive environmental management experience in an industrial/manufacturing setting, with experience in Title V, NSPS and NESHAP/MACT compliance.
- Texas specific compliance experience.
- Multi-media environmental compliance experience (air, permitting, waste, SPCC, etc.)
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf