Our INVISTA Orange, TX facility is seeking entrepreneurial innovative leaders to join the team as a Console Engineer.
The Console Engineer (CE) uses industry leading advanced data analytics tools and technology to drive process control transformation. The CE leads the culture advancement in alignment with Market Based Management and our guiding principles. The CE is responsible for ensuring parameters are maintained within our defined operating envelope to deliver safe and reliable operations. The CE is responsible for optimizing energy/raw material conversion while producing the most cost effective on quality product.
This role is an hourly based role that is overtime eligible.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Utilize advanced analytics (predictive and prescriptive) and anomaly detection tools to take proactive action and prevent process upsets
- Utilize transformational process control techniques to advance process optimization
- Lead challenging investigations using proven root cause analyses techniques
- Manage alarms through use of programs such as State Based Control
- Design innovative process solutions utilizing Management of Change process
- Optimize unit operation through reduction of raw material/energy usage
- Understand and implement solutions that reduce product’s cost of manufacture
- Participate in the planning of shutdowns and startups
- Create and review operating procedures
- Provide leadership and direction to the field operating team
- Coordinate and respond to unplanned and non-routine events
- Manage the unit to stay within operating envelope and environmental limits
- Willing to work a 12-hour rotating shift (weekends and holidays) or day shift as business needs dictate
The Experience You Will Bring
Must meet one of the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering to be completed by December 2021
- 3+ years data analytics experience in a petrochemical industry
- 3+ years process control/engineering experience (Advance Process Controls, State Based Controls)
- Military data analysis experience such as Military Intelligence or Operational Research / Systems Analyst
- Required to wear any or all the following Personal Protective Equipment: safety glasses, hearing protection, goggles, hard hats, Nomex, acid suits, breathing air, gloves, safety boots, respirators, and encapsulated suits. PPE use is in accordance with the Job Safety Analysis (JSA) for a given task.
- Climb stairs, ladders on columns, ladders, and scaffolds
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with anomaly detection software, OSI Pi, and Seeq
- Experience using data analytics programs
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical or electrical engineering
- 3+ years of manufacturing experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This role is not eligible for VISA sponsorship