Koch Specialty Plant Services, LLC (KSPS) is a world leader for providing tower, vessel, and mass transfer equipment services to the refining and chemical industry. We attained this leadership position by applying Market-Based Management®, our unique business philosophy that combines core values with a focused business approach. Integrity, compliance and customer focus are paramount to our success and KSPS' industry leading position as a specialty tower, vessel and mass transfer internals service provider has been solidified in the marketplace because, quite simply, ''we do what we say we can do''.
There are many ways to define value. For KSPS, meeting our commitments and exceeding customer expectations are key measures when it comes to quantifying the true value of a deliverable. Unlike anyone else, KSPS has the ability to integrate people, experience, discipline, knowledge, and our unique market-based management business philosophy to deliver the best value proposition in the industry.
KSPS is looking for an I&E Construction Coordinator to work at our client site in Longview, TX. This role is not eligible for relocation or visa sponsorship.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Logistics coordinator for project. Responsible for setting up laydown yard and access routes, staging areas for materials. Coordinate and escort large deliveries throughout the project as needed.
- Manage, plan, and track all rental equipment and vendor management (including permitting) for the lunch tent (AC & heat, tables and chairs, portacans, hand wash stations, and sanitizing stations), construction trailer complex, and other heavy equipment. Responsible for pricing estimates of rental equipment and partnering with construction manager on costs.
- Coordinate electricity installation to all trailers with I&E vendor.
- Partner with the contractor to build all crane lifting plans and facilitate all critical lift permits. Manage through the lift as the site lift supervisor.
- Work with heavy lift vendor to build plan for bringing the new tower in the facility and the setting it in place.
- Assist operations in building and approving plans for T/A lifts for the project
- Ability to manage logistical details of construction projects from grassroots to mechanical completion.
- Actively participate in a strong safety culture. Be able to identify project risks and provide mitigations.
- Perform Safety and Environmental audits to ensure Construction Team are following KSPS and OSHA safety and environmental policies.
Must be willing and able to work the following schedule:
- Pre-Turnaround Work Schedule: (5) 10-hour dayshifts Monday – Friday
- Turnaround Work Schedule: (7) 12-hour shifts (dayshift & nightshift)
- Compensation package includes travel and living allowance when working more than 75 miles from home
- Candidates must be able to work long hours and all shift schedules that may require up to twelve hours a day, seven days a week for extended durations.
- Candidates also must be able to work in confined spaces and be capable of climbing ladders, scaffolds, and working at heights.
- Must be able to perform work wearing personal protective equipment including but not limited to rain gear, chemical protective clothing, supplied air and air purifying respirators, safety harness, FRC coveralls, hard hat, ear plugs and safety glasses, etc.
- Respiratory Protection Fit-Testing and Pulmonary Function Testing is required. Additional medical examinations, such as Fitness for Duty exams may be required per client guidelines. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is helpful.
- Candidates must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs, unassisted.
- Good manual dexterity for the use of common hand tools, power tools and the ability to navigate around obstacles in a petrochemical environment is necessary.
The job will primarily be on or around construction/turnaround sites in petrochemical operational units and include possible hazardous environments such as confined spaces and working at heights. Exposure to loud noises, dust, dirt, irritants and smoke may occur. Special Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be necessary to control some hazardous environments. Additional forms of PPE may be required depending on the particular project. Safety requirements must be verified and meet standards set forth by client permits, policies and procedures, and be performed in compliance with all federal, state and local laws or ordinances before work activities can begin.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Eight years or more of general petrochemical turnaround / construction experience
- Four years or more of Supervisory / Crane / logistical Coordinator experience in petrochemical turnaround / construction industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with turnaround/construction work package development, updates, and closeout to accomplish documentation requirements
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings or blueprints and be able to utilize them to assist in planning efforts.
- Must be able to provide your own transportation to job locations throughout the US.
- Candidates must be able to meet all company and customer qualifications to access job site including training requirements
What Will Put You Ahead
- Two years or more of industrial plant experience blinding, opening, cleaning, inspection and repair of industrial heat exchangers, pressure vessels, etc.
- Two years or more of liaison experience in a petrochemical turnaround or construction environment
- Working Knowledge of P6
- Vocational training is preferred
- Basic Plus Orientation and Confined Space Training
- TWIC Card
- Successful completion of an NCCER craft assessment test
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf