This job posting is no longer active.
Koch Specialty Plant Services, LLC (KSPS) is a known world leader for providing tower, vessel, and mass transfer equipment services to the refining and chemical industry. With recent additions, KSPS is now the leading installation and construction service provider for John Zink Hamworthy Combustion equipment and specialty welding and piping as well. We attained this leadership position by applying Market-Based Management®, our unique business philosophy that combines core values with a focused business approach. Integrity, compliance, and customer focus are paramount to our success and KSPS's industry leading position has been solidified in the marketplace because, quite simply, ''We do what we say we can do''. KSPS is currently seeking a Construction Coordinator to work at our client site in Houston, TX. This role is not eligible for relocation or visa sponsorship.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Coordinate and direct the work of contractors responsible for blinding, opening, cleaning, inspection, and repair of industrial equipment in a turnaround environment including heat exchangers, pressure vessels, & piping.
- Maintain constant communication with field supervision and project manager to discuss work to be completed throughout the project and ensure the project is on schedule and provide input to Cost group on forecast expenditures
- Assist Construction Manager with planning and execution of construction schedule. Communicate with Client on progress and schedule. Attend construction / turnaround update meetings.
- Partner with contractors in planning construction work, process inspections, isolation plans, & creating work packages. Must have solid working knowledge of materials and equipment involved in plant construction.
- Manage subcontractors onsite to ensure their work is being completed on time, safety, and within the quality requirements and specifications of the project.
- Ability to coordinate delivery of materials and equipment with corporate purchasing/warehousing departments. Oversee and direct daily work of material trackers/handlers.
- Plan and track all items entering and leaving the job site (process equipment, construction materials, rental equipment, consumables)
- Identify Contractor Change request and ensure they are reviewed / approved in a timely manner.
- Work closely with QC department to complete inspections and job data books. Work with contractor to review and log all RFI’s and NCR’s.
- Partner with crane advisor and contractor on all lifts to be performed.
- Partner with Logistics Coordinator to manage vendor relationships and their equipment for whole life cycle of a project.
- Manages Purchase Order process and oversees shipping and receiving of materials and equipment to the jobsite.
- Ability to manage logistical details of construction projects from grassroots to mechanical completion.
- Actively participate in a strong safety culture. Be able to identify project risks and provide mitigations.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Eight years or more of general petrochemical turnaround / construction experience
- Four years or more of Supervisory / Construction Coordinator experience in petrochemical turnaround / construction industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with turnaround/construction work package development, updates and closeout to accomplish documentation requirements
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings or blueprints and be able to utilize them to assist in planning efforts.
- Must be able to provide your own transportation to job locations throughout the US.
- Candidates must be able to meet all company and customer qualifications to access job site including training requirements
What Will Put You Ahead
- Two years or more of industrial plant experience blinding, opening, cleaning, inspection and repair of industrial heat exchangers, pressure vessels, etc.
- Two years or more of liaison experience in a petrochemical turnaround or construction environment
- Working Knowledge of P6
- Vocational training is preferred
- Basic Plus Orientation and Confined Space Training
- TWIC Card
- Successful completion of an NCCER craft assessment test
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.