Production Supervisor - Lumber
Production Supervisor– Frisco City, AL or Monroeville, AL
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Production Supervisor in our Monroeville, AL Lumber mill - Rocky Creek. The Production Supervisor will be responsible for leading a wood products production team to work injury-free/incident free in a continuous manufacturing environment consistent with our management philosophy and framework. The Production Supervisor is also responsible for supervising and coordinating production efforts that result in sustained improvement in all associated work processes including: Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) compliance, reliability, quality, production, and costs.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead an operational team in the production of solid wood lumber products in a safe and efficient manner and to take ownership of the existing safety and quality processes.
- Facilitate team development and communication, employee skill development, problem-solving and resolution, building employee commitment and ownership and holding employees accountable.
- Drive safety excellence through promoting employee involvement, ownership, and accountability to proactively eliminate hazards.
- Monitor product quality and provide direction to crew members to maximize efficiency.
- Promote employee involvement, providing coaching, feedback and direction as required.
- Assist with troubleshooting production issues.
- Provide safety training to crew members and deliver training materials in a meaningful approach.
- Provide coaching and performance management.
- Complete data entry responsibilities and generate reports in a timely and efficient manner.
- Team size may range from 10-20 members.
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- One (1) or more years of supervisory or leadership experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must be able and willing to work a rotating shift work schedule
- Must be able and willing to work in a manufacturing plant environment, including extended periods of time in noisy, non-air conditioned or unheated areas
- Must be able and willing to work safely, and adhere to all safety rules and regulations, including wearing and using appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associate’s Degree or higher
- Previous wood product(lumber) experience
- Previous supervisory experience in a wood product(lumber) experience
- Three (3) or more years of supervisory experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
IND-GP-OPS Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf