At Georgia-Pacific, we don’t believe that a job is just simply a job. We see each role as a career and a way to advance your knowledge and expertise to not only better your life, but your community as a whole. If you are someone who wants to work for a company that will value your skills and ideas, then we have the perfect opportunity for you!
This entry level position in Halsey, OR starts with an hourly rate of $21.85/hour with opportunities to progress. This position also comes with a competitive benefits package. Successful candidates for this role must be available to work a rotating 12-hour schedule including weekends, holidays, and overtime. Potential to earn ~$24/hour after approximately 6 months.
Expected Hire Date: 11/29/2021
-- $1,000 Sign On Bonus -- paid on first full cycle paycheck
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Learning multiple operator functions to operate equipment to expected performance levels
- Installing, maintaining and troubleshooting machinery and equipment
- Utilizing computer systems and databases to search safety procedures
- Driving forklifts to move material throughout the work site
- Working as a team to help meet or exceed production, waste and quality goals
- Performing mechanical tasks and routine preventative maintenance on equipment
- Cleaning the work area throughout shift to ensure an orderly and safe environment
- Performing work that entails lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling, for up to twelve (12) hours a day and is done in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience using a computer, tablet, and/or smartphone
What Will Put You Ahead
- A minimum of one (1) year of continuous employment within the past five (5) years
- Six (6) months or more of forklift experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify.
Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com