Purchasing Agent (Open to Remote Work)
Phillips-Medisize, LLC is seeking a Purchasing Agent to ensure timely and cost-effective availability of quality material suppliers and services to support the operational performance and meet facility goals.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Determine raw material requirements based on new orders and computer generated MRP information
- Process purchase orders and maintain raw material inventories
- Maintain accurate records in MRP to ensure requirements are correct and timely.
- Keep vendor file current per SOP requirements
- Communicate with suppliers when placing orders, following up with orders, and new requests for quotes (RFQ’s)
- Maintain, update and evaluate approved supplier listing and quotations
- Coordinate delivery of raw materials with scheduling, customer service, shipping/receiving and engineering
- Identify potential sources for new products and material
- Negotiate with suppliers on pricing, delivery and services
- Assist engineering department attain new project purchased components and raw material information and set up item standards in manufacturing system
- Continual review and evaluation of MRP data to ensure proper inventory levels as well as striving for JIT delivery
- Supplier sourcing and development which includes continuous improvement to drive cost reduction
The Experience You Will Bring
- B.S. Degree with 5-10 years' purchasing experience OR 10+ years purchasing experience
- APICS Certification Preferred
- Supply Chain Bachelor's Degree Preferred
This position does not quality for VISA sponsorship.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf