$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS
Georgia-Pacific is seeking an Industrial Electrician for our Dudley, NC Lumber mill. This position creates value by performing preventative maintenance and troubleshooting electrical systems and equipment within the mill to keep the facility operating at its highest capacity. Our Lumber mill in Dudley, NC manufactures dimensional lumber of superior quality to meet the demanding needs of builders.
Starting pay range for this position $27-$32 per hour and relocation based on skills/experience.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Troubleshoot electrical problems on plant equipment (up to 480 volts)
- Perform routine and preventive maintenance on plant electrical equipment
- Troubleshoot PLC issues to maintain production quality
- Install and inspect new equipment and machinery
- Work in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Use deductive reasoning to diagnose and repair electrical manufacturing equipment
- Assist Process Controls Engineer and other maintenance technicians as needed
- Adhere to all safety regulations and procedures including performing proper lockout/tag out procedures
The Experience You Will Bring
- Minimum of 1 (one) year of electrical experience in a manufacturing facility
- Experience with single and three-phase electrical repair and troubleshooting up to 480 volts
- Experience troubleshooting electrical controls, PLC’s, A/C and D/C motors, motor controllers and drives
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
- Knowledge of OSHA and National Electrical Safety
- Willing and able to wear the necessary Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) (i.e. hard hats, safety glasses, face shield, chemical suit, respirator, ear plugs, hearing protection, steel-toe boots or safety shoes and other PPE required by specific jobs)
What Will Put You Ahead
- High school diploma or GED
- An associate degree in an industrial electrical field
- PLC knowledge or formalized training
- Minimum of 3 (three) years of electrical and mechanical troubleshooting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with hydraulics, pneumatics, bearings, chains and sprockets, rigging, belts, reading hydraulic schematics and blueprints, precision measurement, and precision alignment of motors and couplings
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf