Maintenance Technicians in Milan, MI
Sign On Bonus $5,000
At Georgia-Pacific, we don’t believe that a job is just simply a job. We see each role as a career and a way to advance your skills to not only better your life, but the community as well. Our Milan, MI facility has an immediate need for Maintenance Technicians. Our technicians work as a team to support the operation and maintenance of our manufacturing equipment. This is a skilled hourly position that requires troubleshooting and performing maintenance on manufacturing equipment and who has a thorough understanding of safe work practices. If you are passionate about technical maintenance and have a desire to learn, we would like to hear from you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhere to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Troubleshoot electrical and mechanical problems
- Repair and maintain all equipment in accordance with plant policies and procedures
- Record maintenance and repair activities in a computer-based system
- Use hand tools, power tools and precision measuring devices as well as testing instruments
- Work any shift, weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two (2) or more years of manufacturing/industrial maintenance experience
- One (1) or more years of electrical troubleshooting in a manufacturing/industrial environment
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulics and pneumatics
- Experience reading technical drawings and schematics
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience troubleshooting programmable logical controllers (PLCs)
- Experience utilizing preventative and predictive maintenance concepts
- Experience operating a motorized fork lift or clamp truck
- Experience working in the corrugated industry
- Mechanical or electrical certification(s)
- Welding experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf