As a Project Engineer, you will provide process engineering and technical support to plant operations and capital projects for our newly constructed Methanol Plant in St. James, LA. You will partner closely with operations and the business defining risk position, identifying unit production opportunities, implementing plant improvement projects with a project team and driving innovative data analysis and solutions. You will also be a lead participant in Process Hazard Analysis studies and other process safety related activities (MOC/SDR/PSI development/execution).
This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to help develop, lead and execute effective engineering support and programs for this newly constructed and commissioned facility. With approximately 2 billion dollars invested to date. You will also be part of the global family of Koch Industries employing 120,000 people worldwide.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide support on projects involving maintenance, repair, installation, and revamp of distillation towers, reactors, vessels, drums, heat exchangers, combustion equipment, and piping
- Ensure designs/packages are completed accurately in a timely manner per assigned schedules
- Complete engineering packages to meet all project requirements
- Work proactively with other departments including Quality Control, Field Superintendents, Project Management, Sales, Estimating, and EH&S
- Provide all relevant information as required including calculations, drawings, inspection test plans, weld procedures, welder certifications, and material traceability documents
- Review NDE and PWHT procedures to ensure compliance with applicable codes and QC manual
- Provide technical assistance to all groups within KSPS and other KES companies
- Provide unique engineered solutions to enable successful completion of field projects
- Develop material cost estimates
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering or related discipline
- At least two (2) years of experience in process plant fixed equipment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with pressure vessel design and fabrication
- Experience of nondestructive examination methods
- Experience with AutoCAD and Inventor
- Experience with vessel engineering software (Compress)
- Experience with Mathcad and other related software
- Experience working with Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Experience with Maintenance and Reliability
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf