Senior Sourcing Analyst
Georgia-Pacific’s Strategic Sourcing & Procurement (“SS&P”) organization is responsible for the strategic category management, sourcing and procuring the critical supplies and materials that support more than 140 locations across the US. The SS&P organization is currently undergoing an exciting transformation where we are partnering with our business and manufacturing partners and leveraging best practices to build internal capabilities that uniquely position the team to improve how we make key decisions impacting our P&L to drive long-term value for the company. This effort is a critical element in Georgia-Pacific’s continuous transformation. It is an exciting time to be part of a growing team and at the center of the transformation to help mold the future state of the SS&P organization!
The Senior Strategic Sourcing Analyst will sit within the Sourcing by Design team, which was recently formed within SS&P to provide more disciplined and rigorous economic thinking, strategic and analytical support for sourcing decisions. The team will build and utilize tools that drive cost transparency and identify insights via analysis of demand, specifications and critical market data. The team will partner with Sourcing Category Leaders, Operations/Manufacturing, and other key stakeholders across GP to identify and analyze opportunities to optimize the total cost of ownership across various spend categories and drive true bottom-line savings. Individuals will need to be able to apply analytics and strong economic thinking to identify potential opportunities, evaluate complex sourcing problems and clearly communicate insights to a broad set of stakeholders.
*** This role is not eligible for sponsorship****
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Perform spend analytics and review trends to identify potential opportunities and develop sourcing strategies
- Develop market research on key supply markets to understand supply / demand dynamics
- Contribute to and facilitate unconstrained idea generation sessions to identify opportunities to improve total cost of ownership for key sourcing categories
- Develop cost build-ups/should-cost models for key products and/or services by conducting market research, leveraging market indices, and understanding key macro/micro economic drivers across our sourcing categories
- Evaluate and conduct financial analysis for total cost of ownership initiatives by leveraging internal resources, including Sourcing Category Leaders and cross functional teams (involving key representation across multiple GP functions including Business P&L Leaders, Operations/Manufacturing, R&D, EHS, Finance, etc.)
- Support RFP evaluation by conducting bid, scenario, and award decision analysis
- Be a change agent – Identify new tools, analyses, strategies, etc. to drive continuous transformation within the SS&P organization
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in business, business analytics, supply chain, engineering, finance, or other discipline that requires quantitative knowledge
- 2+ years work experience in data analytics, finance, business development, market insight and strategy, engineering or other analytical role
- Proficiency in analytical tools and dashboarding systems (MS Excel, Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in sourcing and procurement
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf