Accounts Payable Supervisor
As an independent subsidiary of Koch Industries Inc, Molex makes a connected world possible by enabling technology that transforms the future and improves lives. By continually adapting to help customers advance designs in the areas of greatest impact, Molex joins those who share the mission to create breakthroughs that propel the world forward. With a presence in more than 40 countries, Molex offers a full range of connectivity solutions for markets that include data communications, medical, industrial, automotive and consumer electronics.
Working at Molex means working in an international company where corporate values are set on high regard. Molex is an open, informal and valued-based company.
Molex gives you space to take your own initiative and besides that it is appreciated to take your own responsibility. At the start of the year, you and your manager set out the goals you would like to achieve by the end of the year. Within the informal culture of Molex there are short lines of communication and working hard is part of the job because you need to develop yourself constantly within a rapidly changing environment.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Manage the accounts payable team in a high volume and deadline-driven environment. Ability to determine needs and make hiring decisions as needed. Provide AP team members feedback on performance and improvement.
- Assist the Hub leader and Finance lead in day to day functions
- Acts as first point of escalation contact for invoice discrepancy resolution.Has the authority to make decisions on how to resolve discrepancies without input from GBS Regional Hub Leader.
- Develop solutions and metrics around key performance indicators for accounts payable reports
- Work with Financial Process Analyst ( IT) ongoing system improvements
- Assist in hiring, training and coaching personnel
- Understand, support and contribute to Market Based Management (MBM), Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
- Understand, support and comply with current Molex policies and practices related business programs. Including but not limited to government regulations, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S), Six Sigma & Lean Manufacturing, Total Quality Management (TQM), and Management Systems.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Associate’s degree in business, finance or accounting or equivalent work experience.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or accounting or equivalent work experience.
- Relevant experience, Including a supervisory role,in a high volume environment.
- Preferably with SAP accounts payable experience.
Strong computer skills.
- Familiarity with SAP and the AP processing tool VIM (Vendor Invoice Management)
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal necessary for professional interactions with both external and internal contacts.
- Interpersonal skills to work effectively with co-workers and external contacts to respond positively to situations, which require cooperation, courtesy and tact.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Train and develop AP team.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Proficient knowledge of unclaimed property regulations/processes
Proficient knowledge level of governmental filing rules
Proficient knowledge level of tax rules as they apply to Accounts Payable functions