Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
The next generation of automotive is coming. At Molex, we are building the connected vehicle of the future to create a seamless smartphone connectivity experience. As an Advanced Manufacturing Engineer in our Connected Mobility Solutions (CMS) division, you are directly responsible for developing the manufacturing lines that help usher in the future of automotive hardware. Through leading interdisciplinary teams, you will use your creativity and diverse range of engineering experience to design, implement, and successfully scale semi-automated and automated manufacturing solutions to our factories across the world.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead development of semi-automated and automated manufacturing lines for automotive hardware, ranging from simple hand assembly to high-volume automation.
- Serve as the manufacturing leader and driver on owned projects by providing manufacturing leadership to other engineering groups and stakeholders. Provide direction and management to automation suppliers and receiving factory/CM’s.
- Create Process Flow, Machine Specification, Budgetary Quote, and Qualification Plan to outline the design requirements, CapEx/OpEx, qualification, and delivery schedule of the manufacturing equipment.
- Travel to automation supplier and Molex factory/CM’s as needed for equipment design, machine qualification, and development/production runs.
- Perform capacity analysis studies on current and future manufacturing lines to keep cross-functional teams informed of manufacturing capability, bottlenecks, and potential areas of concern.
- Lead DFM (Design for Manufacturability) activities with internal design teams to ensure that new products are easily manufacturable. Provide on-going feedback to design teams through all phases of a product, from concept to mass production, to in order to continually improve product quality.
- Utilize statistical tools (GR&R, SPC, Cp/Cpk, Mp/Mpk) to ensure that machine is properly qualified and ready for mass production.
- Perform failure analysis on any manufacturing related concerns as they occur through all phases of a project. Lead machine supplier, factory, or CM in conducting Design of Experiments (DOE) and failure analysis to root cause and close out manufacturing concerns.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 25%.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial, Controls, Manufacturing, Engineering or related degree
- 5+ years’ experience in design and project management of automation equipment used for high volume assembly, inspection, and testing of electro-mechanical products.
- New Product Introduction (NPI) and mass production experience in domestic and overseas manufacturing environments.
- Proven record of engineering design, project management, process optimization, and cost reduction.
- Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) principles as they pertain to engineering drawings. Must be able to read and interpret product, tool, and assembly drawings.
- Working knowledge of 2D/3D tolerance analyses as they pertain to parts and assemblies.
- Experience in manufacturing equipment used for automated assembly (6-axis, SCARA, servo motors, pneumatics, PLC/PC controls)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Effective communication skills with global team. Must be a team player who proactively cooperates and considers input from others.
- Experience working with APAC suppliers and factories
- Siemen’s NX experience a plus
- Proficiency in Mandarin a plus
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf