Koch Technology Solutions (KTS), previously known as INVISTA Performance Technologies is a world leading licensor of technology for the Polyester, Nylon and Polyurethane value chains and is looking to expand into other technology sectors. KTS has over 40 years of licensing experience and deploys a global team of technical experts. We are seeking to recruit a process engineer to join our team. The successful applicant will help KTS meet the challenge of providing excellent customer support, pursuing continuous innovation and creating long-term value for customers and society. As well as having the opportunity to develop their career within an organisation that places a strong emphasis on personal development and learning. As a member of the team, you would also be part of Koch Engineered Solutions (KES) and Koch Industries Inc., one of the largest privately held companies in the world.
This role is based out of Wilton, North-East of England, UK.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Part of a multi-disciplinary team developing engineering design packages for license projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactively identifying improvement opportunities including process technology development and improved process plant design, creating more value for our clients whilst using fewer resources.
- Providing technical support for plant commissioning and troubleshooting, at site and/or home office.
- Interpreting operating/commissioning data to understand underlying plant performance and recommend troubleshooting solutions and improvement ideas.
- Modifying and running Aspen+ models in support of these activities.
- Demonstrating technical ownership of process areas including basis of safety and review of vendor documents.
- Using innovative thinking to initiate and advance transformation of the business.
- Working and collaborating with clients, detailed engineering contactors and vendors, as well as colleagues in other engineering disciplines, operations, and wider KES businesses.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Personal commitment to Safety, Health and Environment.
- Masters Degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Motivated to create superior value for KTS by doing so for our customers.
- Be a lifelong learner, intellectually honest and share knowledge proactively.
- Have demonstrated ability to work within teams, treating others with respect and sensitivity.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written) in English.
- Proven working experience with process engineering design packages.
- Proven ability to successfully run Aspen+ or a similar flowsheeting package.
- Desire to work in a range of process engineering roles that includes process design and commissioning.
- Willingness to travel and to work overseas.
- Ambition to develop technical and leadership skills as part of a global business.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience of HAZID/HAZOP and LOPA Studies and methodology
- Knowledge of VBA programming.