Quality Assurance Technician
Quality Assurance Technician
Would you like to work for a company who is committed to their employees’ safety and where you will be recognized for your contributions and initiative? If so, we would like to learn more about you! Our Georgia-Pacific, Hattiesburg, MS is currently looking for a Quality Assurance Technician to add value to our quality team.
Georgia Pacific Hattiesburg Facility is a leading specialty paper packaging supplier focused on providing a quality product and cost savings to our customers in the foodservice and retail napkin industry. We offer our customers a strategic partnership that contributes to their long-term profitability and success.
This position starts at $15.00/hour and works M-F, 8a – 1pm part-time schedule
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Entering, Maintaining and Analyzing data into a computer-based program
- Identifying and resolving quality non-conformances through learning and performing inspections
- Support maintaining laboratory test equipment calibration and verification
- Support raw material monitoring and testing
- Support process improvement activities
- Complete assigned projects as required
- Support the GFSI/SQF documentation and inspection processes
- Work independently, must be self-motivated individual
- Work safely, including wearing and using appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Travel for advanced training 0-5% if needed
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with lab equipment calibrations/preventative maintenance
- Experience with SQF and HACCP Programs
- Prior experience with paper quality or administration assistance
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf