Forklift Operator – La Mirada, CA
At Georgia-Pacific, we don’t believe that a job is just simply a job. We see each role as a career and a way to advance your skills to not only better your life, but the community as well. We are searching for a Material Forklift Operator at our facility in La Mirada, CA. If you are a safety-minded individual, we want to hear from you today!
THIS POSITION PAYS $20.60 PER HOUR
Are you looking for a team where you can make a difference? Then don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity with Georgia-Pacific at our La Mirada, CA facility! GP is looking for safety-oriented individuals to join our team. This position contributes to the overall success of the facility by ensuring accurate and timely delivery of our finished goods in order to meet and exceed the needs of customers.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Safely driving and operating a forklift (obtain/maintain certification)
- Loading and unloading materials
- Properly and accurately completing all required shipping documentation (both manually and with the use of a computer software system)
- Determining the resources available for the production and distribution process
- Participating in setting team goals and managing job assignments
- Performing general housekeeping duties to maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Utilize basic computer skills to complete shipping tasks
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to work weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to sit for at least eight (8) – (10) hours a day
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
The Experience You Will Bring
- One (1) year of experience operating a forklift, clamp truck, or other similar type of equipment
What Will Put You Ahead
- High School Diploma or GED
- One (1) year of experience driving and operating a forklift within an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Previous experience using a Radio Frequency (RF) scanner
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com