Guardian Industries, a global company headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, employs around 17,000 people and operates facilities throughout North America, Europe, South America, Africa, the Middle East and Asia. Guardian’s diverse group of companies are involved in the manufacture of high-performance float, coated and fabricated glass products; the manufacture of high-quality chrome-plated and painted plastic components for the automotive and commercial truck industries; and the distribution of specialty building products. Guardian’s vision is to create value for customers and society through constant innovation using fewer resources. Guardian is a wholly owned subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc. Visit guardian.com.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Central Corporate resource for developing, implementing and maintaining a project scheduling system to ensure competent, efficient and timely execution of capital projects in accordance with the company’s project control standards and procedures, industry best practices, and individual contractual requirements.
- Develop, implement and maintain project schedules in early project phase processes (Phase 1 through Phase 3).
- Coordinate with regional Project Teams to support the project execution phases (Phase 4 through Phase 7); help coordinate local scheduling assistance; and work with vendors and contractors to set expectations for schedules they produce.
- Assist project teams in the development of capital project schedules.
- Assist project teams in the analysis of project schedule health and metrics.
- Develop schedule templates and procedures to use across similar project (i.e., CTRs).
- Maintain project schedule database.
- Assist in the project benchmarking process.
- Assist in the development of project financial reporting, including project schedule metrics.
- Assist in the development and help lead training on project scheduling to the global organization
The Experience You Will Bring
- 10 -15 years’ experience in project scheduling in an industrial, capital intensive business, working with project work processes in a phased project work system.
- Experience in developing Capital Project schedules.
- Skills include proficiency in Primavera P6, and Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal relationships skills.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Previous experience with both large capital projects (>$100 MM) and small capital projects.
- Previous experience in developing project scheduling systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or project management
- Familiarity with IPA, CII, and PMI
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf