ASSOCIATE CATEGORY LEADER
Georgia-Pacific’s Strategic Sourcing & Procurement (“SS&P”) organization is responsible for the strategic category management, sourcing and procurement of the critical supplies and materials that support more than 140 locations across the US. The SS&P organization is currently undergoing an exciting transformation where we are partnering with our business partners and leveraging best practices to build internal capabilities that uniquely position the team to improve decision making capabilities and capture significant cost and efficiency opportunities. This effort is a critical element in Georgia-Pacific’s continuous transformation. It is an exciting time to be part of a growing team and at the center of the transformation to help mold the future state of GP’s SS&P organization!
SS&P is seeking Associate Category Leaders to partner with our Category Directors and Category Leads in optimizing the total cost of ownership (TCO) across various spend categories. The responsibilities for this role include (but are not limited to) the following: implementation of sourcing and TCO initiatives, capital project and/or outage management support, supporting supplier performance management, and leveraging internal and external relationships to lead supply market issue resolution. This role has growth potential within the SSP organization.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Partner with Category leaders and Sourcing Execution leaders to apply category management knowledge processes to all spend categories, when implementing sourcing and TCO initiatives including but not limited to the following: trial/transition management, product specification and service requirements validation, contract management, savings/impact tracking, and ongoing spend and price management
- Support supplier performance management, based on key metrics and any required issue resolution
- Lead supply market issue resolution for raw materials, critical components or spare parts, or finished goods: validating current inventory and demand requirements from mills/plants, identifying supply alternatives, and coordinating necessary supplier and mill/plant communications
- Validate accuracy of any price changes for existing and new SKU’s, in coordination with suppliers and Master Data Management (MDM) team
- Initiate, request, and validate new item and new supplier set-up for Category needs, working together with MDM teams
- Help drive Business Continuity Plans (BCP’s) by supporting any new supplier qualifications and pre-commercialization efforts from a category perspective
- Expedite and/or escalate spare parts, material and service orders/requests in support of capital projects and planned and unplanned outages, when appropriate
- Assist in driving invoice resolution, from a category perspective, by working with the necessary internal and external parties
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 3 years of experience in strategic sourcing, category management, procurement/purchasing, supply chain management or equivalent experience
- Experience working cross-functionally between internal and external stakeholders
- Experience performing analysis and interpreting data into actionable insights and communicating with key stakeholders
- Experience in implementing sourcing awards and/or TCO initiatives, by working with and through internal and external stakeholders
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, Operations Management
- Advanced Degree (MBA or other)
- Category management experience in Media/Marketing/Corporate Services, MRO, Mill Services, Direct Materials, Chemicals, Construction & Engineering, Capital Equipment, Finished Purchased Goods, or Contract Manufacturing
- Procurement/Purchasing experience as Buyer or Purchasing Manager
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf