BI Developer (MSBI)
The Visualization team will be a part of an international team that designs, develops and delivers new applications for Koch Industries. Koch Industries is a privately held global organization with over 120,000 employees around the world, with subsidiaries involved in manufacturing, trading, and investments. Koch Global Services (KGS) is being developed in India to as a Shared Service Operations, as well as act as a hub for innovation across functions. As KGS rapidly scales up its operations in India, it’s employees will get opportunities to carve out a career path for themselves within the organization. This role will have the opportunity to join on the ground floor and will play a critical part in helping build out the Koch Global Services (KGS) over the next several years. Working closely with global colleagues would provide significant international exposure to the employees.
We are seeking a Visualization expert to join KGS Analytics capability.We love passionate, forward thinking individuals who are driven to innovate.You will have the opportunity to engage with Business Analysts, Analytics Consultants, and internal customers to implement ideas, optimize existing dashboards, and create Visualization products using powerful, contemporary tools.This opportunity engages diverse types of business applications and data sets at a rapid pace, and our ideal candidate gets excited when they are faced with a challenge.
What value does this role provide to KGS?
Being a part of visualization team, focus on designing KPI’s for decision makers in the business. Create value through optimization opportunities, by measuring progress against goals and past decisions, and through data grounded situational awareness.
Why would a candidate want this role?
If a candidate is entrepreneurial in the way they approach ideas, Koch is among the most fulfilling organizations they could join.We are growing an analytics capability and looking for entrepreneurial minded innovators who can help us further develop this service of exceptionally high value to our business.Due to the diversity of companies and work within Koch, we are frequently working in new and interesting global business spaces, with data and analytics applications that are unique relative to opportunities from other employers in the marketplace.
Define what success looks like
Bringing forward innovative and valuable ideas relevant to our mission of creating value through analytics; developing complex analysis products at scale, with high accuracy.Developing valuable, relevant, and accurate analytics products that internal customers use in their decision-making processes.
How will this role prepare the candidate for career growth?
There are few better places to be able to work with world class tools and unique, value-oriented problem types at this scale.As a result, the successful candidate will develop advanced knowledge of best-in-class tools and techniques, while expanding their capability for analytic, entrepreneurial thinking that will benefit them in achieving their career aspirations.
Describe your top performer.
Enthusiastically collaborative, value seeking developer whose exceptional technical skills are only surpassed by their appetite for learning and innovation.Open to challenge and be challenged with new ideas and established approaches.Rapidly prototypes analytic approaches that explore for opportunity or meet customer needs, and readily translate into production.
A Day In The Life Could Include:
- Design and develop dashboards that cater to the business requirement. Create visual story board(s) to highlight business metrics and KPI’s.
- Break down the business problems to workable dashboard models. Design layouts to cater to the key metrics.
- Create innovative, interactive dashboards and scorecards for key performance indicators that are tailored to customers
- Build and maintain intuitive dashboards to illustrate results from predictive models for advanced analytics projects
- Work simulteaneaously on projects across with multiple domains like Supply Chain, Sales, Travel & Expenses, Finance and Operation Excellence.
- Think through a business scenario’s, flow ot data points and drill down sequences
- Test data for accuracy and adaptability to requirement
- Collaborate with business analysts to find the best way to present the results
- Tech, train, share knowledge with peers.
- 5+ years of post-bachelor’s degree experience presenting and providing meaningful business insights from data using Power BI with SSRS.
- 2+ years of experience with SSRS which includes connecting to T-SQL databases and format complex SQL Queries within the environment. Extremely good with SQL concepts.
- Ability to conceptualize the flow of visuals to generate good story telling model.
- Experience working with multiple disparate data sources in SSRS / PowerBI.
- Experience with advanced PowerBI topics such as complex DAX calculations.
- Experience leading large-scale enterprise level implementation of BI projects & BI team Management Experience.
- Experience building and inheriting role-level security requirements at the enterprise level
- Experience with data model optimization and strong understanding of different data modeling techniques
- Working knowledge of statistical methods and mathematical models
- Bachelor’s/Masters degree in Computer Science/Information technology OR equivalent qualification
- An advanced Degree (Masters or PhD) in engineering, mathematics, physics, economics, computer science, statistics, or business analytics with 5+ years of experience in managing Visualisation projects
- Experience leveraging cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- End to End project experience with SSRS and Power BI.
- Experience analyzing and visualizing unstructured data
- Experience using SAP HANA
- Experience working in a data analytics Center of Excellence (COE)
What You Will Need To Bring With You:
(experience & education required)
What Will Put You Ahead:
(experience & education preferred)
Experience Leading a Team & working with global teams across time zones
“Koch is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace”