Senior Software Engineer
The Software Developer will be a part of an global team supporting existing applications for Koch Industries. Koch Industries is a privately held global organization with over 120,000 employees around the world, with subsidiaries involved in manufacturing, trading, and investments. Koch Technology Center (KTC) is being developed in India to extend its IT operations, as well as act as a hub for innovation in the IT function. As KTC rapidly scales up its operations in India, it’s employees will get opportunities to carve out a career path for themselves within the organization. This role will have the opportunity to join on the ground floor and will play a critical part in helping build out the Koch Technology Center (KTC) over the next several years. Working closely with global colleagues would provide significant global exposure to the employees.
Flint Hills Resources is looking for a Software Developer to join our IT Capabilities Channel. This role will be a member of a team working to revolutionize our market risk management and financial measures platform. The developer of the future for Flint Hills Resources will create value by leveraging cloud platforms to deliver value to our customers more quickly, while also enhancing reliability and reducing cost. Experimentation, design, integration, ownership, and adaptability will be key.
A Day In The Life Could Include:
- Development of modern integration components using the AWS technology stack. Creation of APIs, queue based near real time integrations, and storage for analytics and reporting.
- Coordinate with local team members to ensure the development needs to meet goals of a system that can change rapidly as the business changes
- Provide recommendations to improve functional, technical and architectural designs
- Proactively share knowledge on potential improvements to business and/or technology processes
- Recommend and drive good design patterns
- Accountable for the team’s delivery of high-quality technical solutions that meet the defined requirements
What You Will Need To Bring With You:
(experience & education required)
- 5-8 yrs total experience overall.
- 2 years experience with AWS Serverless Technology Stack - API Gateway, Lambda, SQS, S3, etc.
- 5 years experience with Node.js and TypeScript
- Experience with version control (preferable Git) and development best practices
- Critical thinking skills and entrepreneurial thinking.Able to work from broad direction and requirements as opposed to detailed functional and technical specifications
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies
- Strong ability to collaborate across the team
What Will Put You Ahead:
(experience & education preferred)
- Experience in event based and API integration
- Expereience with Dell Boomi
- Experience with AWS Redshift, Athena/Spectrum, or other SQL experience
- Experience in delivering data for analytics purposes
“Koch is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace”