Air Quality Manager
Georgia-Pacific LLC is looking for an Air Quality Manager to develop air quality permit applications across Georgia-Pacific LLC’s domestic manufacturing divisions including Pulp & Paper, Building Products, and Packaging. In this role, you will work directly with manufacturing sites to identify projects that will need an air permit, develop emission calculations, perform dispersion modeling and work with state agencies to gain environmental approvals.
The ideal candidate be able to efficiently balance multiple priorities and facilities. The position requires strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of audiences. The successful candidate must also lead by example, be self-motivated, possess strong analytical skills, exhibit sound decision-making, and proficient organizational skills. This opportunity is based in Atlanta but is open to remote workers. Ability to travel 25%.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Meet with facility engineers to identify projects that will require air permitting
- Prepare emissions calculations for air permit applications
- Determine air regulatory requirements for manufacturing facilities
- Direct and review the work of third-party consultants developing air permitting analyses and applications
- Assist in the preparation of environmental reports for various governmental agencies across several states
- Perform and review refined air dispersion modeling
- Review and negotiate air permit conditions and advocate permit conditions that are consistent with operational needs and regulatory requirements
- Track the development and implementation of environmental regulations, primarily in air quality, and provide technical support to facilities on various air quality issues
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering, meteorology, environmental science, or scientific field
- Minimum of 5 (5+) years of experience in air quality permitting, compliance and/or air dispersion modeling
- Experience managing multiple projects with rapidly changing priorities
What Will Put You Ahead
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) or qualified to sit for P.E. exam within 2 years
- Forest-product industry experience
- Expertise in minor and major New Source Review and Title V permit permitting
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
For this role, we anticipate paying $90,000 - $135,000 per year. This role is eligible for variable pay, issued as a monetary bonus or in another form.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf