Dixie® Consumer Products LLC, a division of Georgia-Pacific Corporation, is seeking a Machinist for our Darlington, SC Pressware facility. The Machinist will build and repair cutting dies for machine blanking tools. The machinist will set up and operates machine tools such as lathes, milling machine, shaper, and grinder, to machine parts, and verify conformance of machined parts to specifications. The position will establish and reinforce the importance of applying our management philosophy to continue Darlington’s transformation into a world class manufacturer and distributor of Consumer Products. This position creates value by providing quality blanking dies and machined parts for the Pressware department.
For more information about Dixie® Consumer Products, please visit http://www.dixie.com/.
This position requires working 12 hour rotating shifts.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Rebuild and repair blanking dies
- Machine parts using lathes, mills, grinders, and welders.
- Attend Team Meetings
- Develop mechanical and troubleshooting capability with the maintenance team
- Participate in teams on Root Cause Analysis
- Complete and fill out daily work order entries and parts check out in a computerized maintenance system
- Coach mechanics and operators on performance related items related to safety and maintenance of dies
- Work with mechanics to minimize downtime
The Experience You Will Bring
- Three (3) or more years of manufacturing mechanical experience
- Must have intermediate knowledge of lathes, mills, dies, welding, and grinders
- Must have a high school diploma
- Must sign a confidentiality agreement
- Must work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime
- Must work overtime and be on call for emergencies on scheduled weekends
- Must commit to wearing required Personal Protective Equipment
- Must perform repetitive and physically demanding tasks of lifting, walking, climbing, and stooping
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associates of Science in Tool and Die or Machine Tool Technology
- 5 years of industrial maintenance in a manufacturing environment
- 3 years of tool and die maintenance experience
- Can operate, maintain, and perform routine fix it yourself maintenance repairs
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf