Georgia-Pacific has an opening for a Health and Safety Technician for our plywood facility in Corrigan, TX. This hourly position reports to the Safety Coordinator. This position creates value by providing guidance, direction, and program implementation in the areas of health and safety information for the operation. If you are motivated by driving innovation and have experience facilitating health and safety trainings, we look forward to hearing from you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Maintaining and distributing current employee information, policy and procedure manuals and other communications relative to Health and Safety area
- Ensuring compliance by providing the facility with “hands-on” support to administer and implement the health and safety programs
- Coordinating and facilitating the completion of all required Health and Safety and property conservation training (new hire, temp, contractor/visitor)
- Coordinating risk assessment processes throughout the facility (PPE, moving equipment, pedestrian safety, etc.)
- Majority of the time will be spent on the floor having conversations and coaching employees on HOP concepts, risk identification, application of Path to Zero process, etc.
- Being able to be a resource for all supervisors for any safety needs.
- Be able to provide first aid care and help with any investigation.
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED
- Willing and able to gain first aid certification and train-the-trainer certification
- Willing to gain mobile equipment certification and train-the-trainer certification
- Experience with Microsoft Office Word (i.e., creating documents), Excel (i.e., creating spreadsheets, utilizing formulas, and Outlook (i.e., scheduling meeting invites & e-mailing)
- Experience with training employees on health and safety awareness
- Experience with incident investigation including root cause identification and corrective action formulation
- Experience with hazard identification and assessment
- Willing and able to work any shift, on-call, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associate degree or higher in Safety & Health or Environmental Science
- At least two (2) years of Safety & Health experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf