R&D Robotics Engineer
Genesis Robotics and Motion Technologies - R&D Robotics Engineer / Roboticist – Modeling and ControlLangley, BC
At Genesis, there is no such thing as a dull moment. The path we are on is full of excitement, energy, and the exploration of new frontiers. Picture having your own front row seat to the robotics revolution and the future of motion technologies. This is the journey Genesis has traveled since the company’s inception. The best part? We are just getting started.
We are seeking to hire a Roboticist to collaborate with our team of engineers and designers building high performance robot actuation systems. Amongst other things, you will design and implement control systems for high-speed robots, safe interactive control systems for collaborative robots, and robust control systems for mobile robots in unstructured environments. Your typical workday will see you working closely with other members of our Advanced Development group in an exciting team-based approach to research and development.
Our Guiding Principles of Humility, Integrity, Respect, Knowledge, Principled Entrepreneurship, Transformation, Self-Actualization, and Stewardship & Compliance define the Genesis culture. If those virtues are in your DNA, then please send us your resume.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Conduct dynamic modeling to determine actuator specifications—torque, power, and velocity profiles—for diverse types of robots including serial, parallel, hybrid, mobile, and highly redundant manipulators
- Design motion plans appropriate for the type of robot
- Simulate kinematics and dynamics of proposed robots, and refine control algorithms in MATLAB, SIMULINK, or other simulation packages
- Work closely with the engineering team to implement the control algorithms on test stations, proof-of-concept robots, and concept prototypes, including writing critical elements of the control algorithms that are not available from off-the-shelf control packages
- Create and document quantitative robot test programs, and measure the performance of the robots based on synthesis of industry standards for robot performance
- Train and mentor other members of the engineering team relating to kinematics, dynamics, and control theory
The Experience You Will Bring
You are both creative and analytical. You can take an idea and turn it into a fully functional solution. In addition, you have the following skills and experience:
- Masters or PhD in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with robotics specialty
- Expert in dynamics and modeling of mechanical systems
- Expert in control theory for linear and nonlinear systems
- Completely fluent with forward and inverse kinematics of serial and parallel robots
- 10+ years of experience developing a variety of robots
- Fluent in C/C++, Python, MATLAB, and SIMULINK
- Working familiarity with motor control and drives
- Working familiarity with path planning software for industrial robots
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills; strong presentation skills
What Will Put You Ahead:
- Familiarity with machine learning / AI frameworks is an asset
Who is Genesis Robotics?
Genesis Robotics & Motion Technologies develops and commercializes innovative actuation technologies, including electric motors and gears, for robotics and other end markets. Our core patented product is a high-torque direct drive robotic actuator – the LiveDrive™. The LiveDrive™, along with a growing portfolio of other motion technologies, will power the world’s fastest, safest, and most versatile robots.
Located in Langley, British Columbia, our rapidly growing team is currently made up of 150+ individuals with diverse skillsets: PhD engineers, designers, physicists, mathematicians, highly skilled machinists and fabricators, and business development and sales professionals.
As a part of the Koch family, we are able to leverage the capabilities and strength of one of the world’s largest private companies as we look to bring our technologies to the world.
Learn about the Humans of Genesis on our LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/genesis-robotics
See more at our website: http://www.genesis-robotics.com/ and on our Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD5azmfUwUcfAvJn8jl1_eg