Senior Systems and Controls Engineer
Genesis Robotics and Motion Technologies - Senior Systems and Controls EngineerLangley, BC
At Genesis, there is no such thing as a dull moment. The path we are on is full of excitement, energy, and the exploration of new frontiers. Picture having your own front row seat to the robotics revolution and the future of motion technologies. This is the journey Genesis has traveled since the company’s inception. The best part? We are just getting started.
We are searching for engineers and technical experts with extensive experience in precision machine control and design using real time software and motion control systems to develop and showcase our state-of-the-art actuators. Reporting to the Manager of Advanced Development, you will collaborate with a range of specialists in mechanics, electronics, software, and controls to develop new actuation technology and produce experimental setups to push our motion technologies to their limits. Your typical workday will see you working closely with other members of our Advanced Development group in an exciting team-based approach to research and development.
Our Guiding Principles of Humility, Integrity, Respect, Knowledge, Principled Entrepreneurship, Transformation, Self-Actualization, and Stewardship & Compliance define the Genesis culture. If those virtues are in your DNA, then please send us your resume.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work with a team of multi-disciplinary engineers to advance the field of robotics and actuation
- Create models and simulate theoretical performance based on physical properties and mechanical characteristics; analyze and compare with actual performance
- Working closely with the design team, select components, instrumentation, and sensors for technological proofs-of-concept and concept prototypes
- Design and perform experiments on multi-axis precision robotic systems; create reports and presentations to document the performance
- Develop technology and controls for demonstrations and/or scientific advancement of actuation systems
- Mentor other members of the R&D team relating to electromechanical systems design, instrumentation, and control theory
- Be an active contributor in all areas, helping wherever necessary for the team and the projects
The Experience You Will Bring
- Technical degree in Engineering Sciences or Engineering Physics
- 8+ years of experience in precision complex electromechanical systems engineering, in fast paced new product development environments
- Background in physics and fundamental science of precision mechanics and machine design
- Experience collecting and processing significant amounts of experimental data, writing computer programs to automate complex measurement tasks, and use of data processing and statistical methods
- 5+ years of experience developing in C/C++ and/or Python
- Experience using commercial servo drivers and knowledge of their capabilities and limitations
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Fully capable of explaining complex technologies and system designs clearly and concisely
- Strong electromechanical aptitude – hands-on attitude
- Superior analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Current with industry trends and technologies
What Will Put You Ahead:
- Experience developing robotic actuators and/or micro-positioning systems
- Experience in forward and inverse kinematics and dynamics for serial and parallel chain systems
- Experimental design and experience with machine vision systems, accelerometers, strain gauges, ceramic piezo force sensors, laser displacement sensors, or laser interferometers
Who is Genesis Robotics?
Genesis Robotics & Motion Technologies develops and commercializes innovative actuation technologies, including electric motors and gears, for robotics and other end markets. Our core patented product is a high-torque direct drive robotic actuator – the LiveDrive™. The LiveDrive™, along with a growing portfolio of other motion technologies, will power the world’s fastest, safest, and most versatile robots.
Located in Langley, British Columbia, our rapidly growing team is currently made up of 150+ individuals with diverse skillsets: PhD engineers, designers, physicists, mathematicians, highly skilled machinists and fabricators, and business development and sales professionals.
As a part of the Koch family, we are able to leverage the capabilities and strength of one of the world’s largest private companies as we look to bring our technologies to the world.
Learn about the Humans of Genesis on our LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/genesis-robotics
See more at our website: http://www.genesis-robotics.com/ and on our Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD5azmfUwUcfAvJn8jl1_eg