Georgia-Pacific Gypsum, LLC is seeking to fill an Electrician position at our Quanah, TX facility. This position adds value by finding and correcting problems within the facility before they cause a process shutdown or equipment breakdown. The successful candidate will be willing and able to perform routine preventative maintenance and emergency or schedule repairs on plant equipment, machinery, or systems that contribute to mining and converting gypsum into a variety of specialty, agricultural and building products.
Opportunities for advancement are available to those that demonstrate a commitment to their success and can take on increased responsibility. This position also qualifies for a $1,000 sign-on bonus and competitive salary!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical/electronic equipment, hydraulic, mechanical, and pneumatic systems
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance on electrical equipment and machinery internal and external to the plant and Inspecting equipment for potential downtime causes
- Install new equipment
- Record maintenance and repairs in a computerized system and completing reports and work orders on time to keep accurate records
- Collaborate with operations to identify and prioritize maintenance needs
- Adhere to all safety regulations and procedures including performing proper lockout/tag out procedures and actively participating in the safety program
- Clean up all areas of responsibility to maintain a safe work environment
- Work in a team environment with fellow employees, supervisors, and managers
- Follow any other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor including but not limited to, assisting mechanics or production operators as needed
- Assist Process Controls Engineer and maintenance technicians as needed
- Work rotating shifts, on-call, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
- Maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
The Experience You Will Bring
- Three (3) or more years of electrical repair and troubleshooting experience in a high-speed manufacturing, industrial or military environment OR two (2) years technical schooling or completion of an apprenticeship program
- Three (3) or more years of experience with single and 3-phase electrical repair/troubleshooting up to 480 volts
- Experience reading and interpreting technical drawings and electrical schematics
- Experience and knowledge of NFPA 70E and OSHA requirements regarding electrical safety
- Willing and able to provide personal standard hand tools
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing PLCs
What Will Put You Ahead
- Current forklift license or able to attain one within 6 months
- Electrical journeyman or equivalent trade school certification
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com