Entry level Mechanical or Industrial Engineer supporting a 24/7 industrial process facility melting raw materials into architectural glass. The team operates and maintains thousands of pieces of equipment including utility systems, automation, hot and cold processing, and material handling equipment. In this hands on role, you will get to see the results of your work.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Perform specified engineering tasks in support of the Reliability and Maintenance team
- Perform engineering calculations for basic mechanical and simple structural systems
- Ensure safety, compliance, and risk management are primary focal points
- Facilitate and participate in troubleshooting efforts with a primary focus on mechanical systems and processes
- Design simple tools, fixtures, and processes to ensure quality and repeatability in maintenance tasks
- Manage simple projects or elements of projects as a member of a Project Management Team
- Function as project planner for equipment overhaul projects
- Communicate results of your work process in drawings, writing, and verbal formats
The Experience You Will Bring
- College degree or equivalent combination of skills and experience in industrial maintenance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively and communicate across multiple levels
- Ability to work in cold, hot, loud, and dirty environments
- Job requires occasional lifting, standing, climbing stairs or ladders and respirator use
What Will Put You Ahead
- A bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or a similar field
- A hands-on mechanical background
- A demonstrated desire to get involved and learn about the task at hand
- Experience working in a customer-service oriented environment
- Experience working in a 24/7 production environment
- Working knowledge of mechanical tools and troubleshooting principles
- Working knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, heat transfer, and mechanical systems
- Working knowledge of electrical, network, and control systems
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf