Electrical and Instrumentation (E&I) Supervisor
~~~$10,000 Sign On Bonus~~~
Our Georgia-Pacific mill in Toledo, OR is seeking innovative and forward thinkers to consider for our Electrical and Instrumentation (E&I) Supervisor role. This position will work with the Maintenance Superintendent and other departments (operations, engineering, maintenance) to develop and execute strategies for the E&I maintenance efforts of an area of the mill in Toledo, OR. This position will utilize a core set of principles to drive continuous improvement in safety and performance. Our culture is defined by the Market-Based Management® philosophy which guides everyday decision making and provides employees with opportunities to contribute and personally benefit from the value they create.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provides leadership, technical support, and direction to the E&I maintenance department responsible for the mill-wide repair and preventive maintenance of electrical systems, instrumentation, and control systems in the manufacturing operations
- Provides direction and coaching of E&I technicians in their roles, responsibilities and expectations to meet plant objectives in safety, environmental, quality, cost, and customer service
- Ensures that plans, schedules, and materials are available to allow for E&I work to be handled effectively and efficiently (daily and outages)
- Consistently contributes to the efforts of the Toledo mill employees to safely improve E&I reliability by applying reliability principles such as Reliability Centered Maintenance and Root Cause Failure Analysis to identify the appropriate Predicative and Preventative maintenance procedures
- Ensures Electrical Safe Work Practice compliance
- Effectively communicates results and action plans as appropriate
- Ensures that employee issues or concerns are correctly addressed and resolved
- Provides E&I job planning as required for the area
- Manages contracted services as required
- Provides backup support for mechanical and E&I supervision as required
- Provides Maintenance Duty on call coverage as required
- Utilizes a computer based Maintenance Management System to manage and provide results
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Five (5) or more years of industrial electrical, industrial electrical engineering, or electrical experience in the military
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associates Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering OR Electrical Technology
- Electrical Journeyman license
- Two (2) or more years of supervisory experience
- Experience using a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
Our Toledo facility is an integrated mill that manufactures containerboard, including unbleached linerboard and corrugating medium that is converted into corrugated boxes and packaging at numerous box plants on the West Coast from Washington to California and New Mexico. The packaging is used for a variety of products such as fruit, vegetables and seafood; consumer goods such as tissue, paper products, packaged food and beverages. The GP Toledo mill is the largest recycler of wastepaper (used cardboard boxes) in Oregon at over 500,000 tons recycled annually. To learn more about Georgia-Pacific’s packaging business please visit: www.gppackaging.com and view the video How Paper Is Made!
Toledo, situated on a bend of the Yaquina River and surrounded by wooded hills, is just seven miles inland from the Central Oregon Coast, the only inland coastal community with a deep-water channel. The historic town cascades over the hillsides to the river. Once a bustling lumber mill town, Toledo’s industries today include lively boat repair businesses and Port of Toledo facilities; which support the fishing industry; a vibrant arts community, and a modern paper products mill. (visittheoregoncoast.com)
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com