Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic for our Monticello, MS containerboard facility. This is a highly skilled hourly position requiring a thorough understanding of safe work practices, troubleshooting, and maintenance of manufacturing equipment. This position creates value for the facility by supporting the maintenance team with preventative maintenance leading to increased uptime and reliability, as well as reducing unplanned downtime.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Troubleshooting mechanical equipment and systems to maintain expected machine performance
- Inspecting machinery to identify issues that may lead to unplanned downtime
- Participating in a preventative maintenance program to ensure machinery uptime
- Helping facility meet or exceed production and quality goals
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Communicating daily work performed and machine conditions via written and verbal documentation
- Reading blueprints, technical and mechanical drawings, Process & Instrument Diagrams (P&ID’s) and schematics
- Using light rigging, such as chain falls, chokers, slings, nylon belts, monorails, eyebolts, shackles, and beam clamps
- Troubleshooting issues with bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes and conveyors
- Conducting precision measurement work
- Working with hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
- Performing repetitive and physically demanding tasks for an extended period of time; lifting, walking, climbing, twisting, stooping
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience in one or more of the following:
- Five (5) years or more experience as a Journeyman Certified Welder, Millwright, or Pipefitter in an industrial, manufacturing, or military environment
- Two (2) years or more of college or vocational training in Industrial Maintenance Technology, Machining Technology, Welding or similar program PLUS two (2) years of experience in an industrial, manufacturing, or military environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Two (2) years or more of mechanical or machining schooling
- Completion of a mechanical apprenticeship program and able to provide supporting documentation
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf