R & D Engineer
Koch-Glitsch Research and Development team is looking for a R&D Engineer based in Wichita, KS. You will work to support new product growth as well as existing technology enhancements for structured packing and separation solutions technology. You will work with technicians, designers, and other engineers to create a superior product for our customer.
Koch-Glitsch forms part of Koch Engineered Solutions (KES), a growing family of 12 companies that serves our customers in the chemical, petrochemical, refining, gas processing, pharmaceutical, and specialty chemical industries. Recognized globally as a leader in mass transfer and separations equipment, Koch-Glitsch is consistently at the forefront of innovation and product development in these highly specialized fields.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop and test novel mass transfer equipment
- Plan, manage, and execute R&D projects
- Oversee equipment design, fabrication, and installation in our pilot plants
- Collect, validate, and interpret experimental data
- Write reports summarizing collected data, conclusions, and recommendations
- Develop hydraulic and mass transfer models/correlations
- Oversee implementation of new models/correlations in proprietary software packages
- Present project progress and outcomes
- Scan the public domain for promising concepts and technologies
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Chemical Engineering
- Willing and able to climb ladders, carry up to 50 pounds, and entering confined spaces (towers)
- Willing and able to pass a pre-employment physical test
What Will Put You Ahead
- Prior experience in a Research & Development environment
- Experience with distillation and/or other mass transfer technologies
- Hands-on experience in a facility that distils volatile, flammable mixtures
- Project management experience
THIS ROLE IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR VISA SPONSORSHIP
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf