Sr Engineer, Sourcing
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Take direction from Division Headquarter in relation to Sourcing strategies deployment. Responsible for liaison activities to bridge Headquarter expectation and local conditions to ensure successful execution of strategies and plan, with MBM guiding principles.
- Develop technical and commercial requirements and road maps with Engineering, Product Management, Quality, Tooling for new products and component/raw material, equipment and tool. Participate in development and deployment of Commodity Strategies, considering current and future requirements in Product Development, Quality and Manufacturing. Ensure Procurement practices in Design Centers and entities align to global commodity strategies.
- Lead supplier RFQ and material price, T & Cs and project delivery negotiations. Maintain distribution record and collect quotations. Optimize TCO and BOM cost during Design/NPI/Pre-Production phase including early supplier engagement. Also responsible to work with Product Development to ensure the ECN process is followed and all updated/revised drawings are sent to the suppliers. Ensure all PDP requirements (documents/evidence) are present in the PDP share point site (or other as applicable).
- Represent Procurement function in Project Meetings and hold accountability to Procurement project plan & actions. Work with the project team to ensure that all new project start-ups (Sourcing projects or includes other project) are on schedule. Release First Article (FA) order with vendor or work with team to ensure request from vendor is met. Maintain SAP system for releasing source list against FA approval.
- Lead supplier selection process, support material selection process, meeting functional, quality, commercial objectives, and secure compliance with commodities Strategies. Coordinating global projects partnering Sourcing Engineer of other entities within the same project. Assure supply during all phases of product lifecycle. Lead review, redline, and negotiation of contracts to confirm pricing, mitigate risks and assure supply. Manage volume ramp up to secure supply throughout SOP, in collaboration with Manufacturing Entity Sourcing and Entity Ops Material/Purchasing. Support the cross functional team(including quality, engineering and operations) in the evaluation, selection and qualification of new suppliers. Work with this team to also develop strategies to establish an optimized supply base. Conduct makes versus buy analysis and provide proposed recommendation to Procurement and Operation Management to decide in house vs outsourcing strategies.
- Responsible to obtain all potential new supplier general information as required (e.g., Supplier Survey and Supplier NDA). Initiates new vendor master creation form for approval by the Commodity Manager and/or VP, Procurement and Quality. Responsible to obtain all required supplier documents (e.g., ISO Certificate, BOS data, Supplier COC) and the new supplier set-up in SAP.
- Lead in Supplier Business Review Activities inclusive of score card and price negotiation supporting Global Category/Commodity Managers. Arrange and lead performance reviews with key suppliers and internal stake holders to evaluate and improve supplier performance, relationship and make recommendation to address issues and exploit opportunities. Collect inputs from the various functions (Quality, Engineering & Operations) on the supplier quality, delivery, cost and service performance and complete the supplier performance evaluation scorecard. Meet periodically with key suppliers to communicate the supplier performance & to assure that the Division ‘s requirement are understood and/or corrective plans are in place.
- Lead preparation of data and analysis (individually or assist the commodity manager with preparation) for Contract negotiations and pricing discussion, (e.g., spend analysis, research market and industry conditions, and collect forecast data on volumes).
- Responsible for entity commodity and supplier savings, operational performance as assigned by Sourcing Manager, support delivery expediting and quality improvement on escalation by applying commercial pressure to supplier. Providing material pricing inputs and price erosion road map to support product and project costing Track material price performance against project target and drive opportunities to optimize material and supplier value. Work with Product Development and the supply base to develop low-cost alternatives. Understand all the components of related costs to know where opportunities exist. Work within the appropriate functional areas in the Division to address potential areas of cost savings.
- Support inbound VMI/consignment or the most efficient inventory programs: maximize the creation of local consignment with key suppliers to reduce lead times for inventory financial exposure reduction.
- Support multi-source strategy when appropriate to guarantee assurance of supply and improve our leverages.
- Drive supply chain improvement in term of delivery terms, payment term, lead time, risk control , inventory reduction etc.
- Ensure price list are published and updated in SAP for responsible material of Molex Singapore after approval by Sourcing Manager and/or Commodity Manager.
- Continuously improve/optimize Molex Singapore sourcing procedures/processes for 100% SOX Compliance. Business Continuity Plan (BCP, Conflict Mineral (CM) and Social Responsibility (SR) Audit compliance.
- Assist the Sourcing Manager in the deployment & maintenance of “Best “Procurement Practices, Process & Procedure by working with other stakeholders in the entity for implementation.
- Lead the procurement engineers in optimizing cost analysis templates, and other tools.
- Support the role and responsibilities for the Sourcing Manager in the absence.
- Understanding, applying, learning MBM guiding principles/dimensions to provide highest long-term value.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Degree in Engineering, Finance, Project Management and/or Business Management with at least 3 years of relevant working experience
- 3 or more years’ experience in the Procurement function focused on direct spend / experience in Electronic Manufacturing Services or related industry / experience in New Product Development Sourcing
- Strong management and leadership skills with the ability to motivate and drive accountability
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels within the organization as well as deliver oral presentations on moderately complex subject matter
- Demonstrated experience driving cross functional collaboration across business units and geographies
- Proficiency in MS Office and SAP will be an advantage