Supply Chain Analyst
Guardian Industries, a global company headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, employs around 17,000 people and operates facilities throughout North America, Europe, South America, Africa, the Middle East and Asia. Guardian’s diverse group of companies are involved in the manufacture of high-performance float, coated and fabricated glass products and the manufacture of high-quality chrome-plated and painted plastic components for the automotive and commercial truck industries. Guardian’s vision is to create value for customers and society through constant innovation using fewer resources. Guardian is a wholly owned subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc. Visit guardian.com for more information.
As a Supply Chain Analyst working on the North America Supply Chain team, the role will focus on creating data analysis to determine/calculate the proper inventory levels needed to support our Glass business. The role will include but not limited to performing data analysis to determine proper stocking levels (minimum and maximum set points), evaluate excess inventory, review action plans for obsolete inventory, and perform inventory risk assessments The ideal candidate is experienced in gathering data, formulating data for review, and is advanced in Microsoft Excel.
This position will work with our Sales and Operations Planning team and will work with each of our six manufacturing facilities across North America. This position provides a great opportunity to learn the supply chain industry, perform data analysis that is used by management to make business decisions, and get hands-on experience in Operations, Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain, and Engineering.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Heavy concentration in developing analytical tools/dashboards that will be used to determine inventory set points, order replenishments, min and max settings, and days on hand.
- Suggest changes to senior management using analytics to support your recommendations. Actively participate in the implementation of approved changes
- Perform ad hoc analyses supporting supply chain, sales, and marketing departments
- Ensure all inventory metrics are met. Identify action items, marshal resources to address action items and follow up on all inventory-related issues to full resolution
- Develop and maintain inventory planning assumptions in conjunction with purchasing, planning, manufacturing operations and commercial teams, including safety stocks, lead times, order quantities, campaign or production strategy, batch yields, and cycle times.
- Build dashboards through excel or Tableau or Power BI to monitor and track inventory levels
- Develop monthly inventory budgets with finance, and measure performance.
- Report on back orders, short stock, excess items and slow-moving inventory to the parties concerned.
The Experience You Will Bring
- B.S. in Business Administration, Finance, Supply Chain Management, or other form of degree providing analytical skill sets.
- 2+ Years Hands-on experience
- Strong Microsoft Excel Skill Sets required
- Proficiency using PC-based applications (such as Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and/or Access)
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to Travel, travel requirements 10%
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf