Koch-Glitsch is a global leader in developing, engineering, designing, and manufacturing a complete line of mass transfer and phase separation technology equipment and associated services for the chemical, petrochemical, refining, and gas processing industries.
Koch-Glitsch LP has an immediate opportunity for Welders in our Wichita, KS facility located at 4111 E 37th St North.
The positions available are:
2nd Shift: Monday-Friday: 3:00pm-11:30pm
3rd Shift: Monday-Friday: 11:00pm-7:30am
Overtime may be required and is based on customers' need for product shipments.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Welding with GMAW and GTAW processes
- Actively participate in Koch-Glitsch safety program
- Maintain clean shop and work area
- Reading and interpreting blueprints and details
- Will be cross trained in different areas of the shop as required
- Providing production and support to meet customer and company goals
- Ensure all processes are carried out with the required use of safety controls and PPE
The Experience You Will Bring
- GMAW and GTAW Welding experience
- Ability to pass the GMAW and GTAW weld tests in the 2G position 3/8" plate within 45 days of start date, test will be x-ray inspected
- Ability to pass a 3-part welding test including MIG and TIG welding of butt, lap and tee joints and a blueprint test, as part of the interview process
- Ability to read and follow Koch-Glitsch Weld Procedures Specifications (WPSs)
- Ability to read standard/metric tape measures
- Experience reading and interpreting blueprints and details
What Will Put You Ahead
- Technical School Welding Certificate
- Robotic Welding Experience
Physical Requirements/Other Considerations
- Ability to squat, bend and lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to stand and work a 10-hour shift in a non-climate controlled manufacturing environment
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed
THIS ROLE IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR VISA SPONSORSHIP
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf