INTERN - ENGINEER - CARBON FOOTPRINT ANALYSIS
Carbon Footprint Analyst - Internship
JOHN ZINK HAMWORTHY COMBUSTION, A COMPANY OF KES, is a world-leading supplier of combustion products; our equipment is supplied for applications in various markets with a focus on the refining and petrochemical Industry. The range of products covers burners, flares, thermal oxidizers, boiler burners, and vapor recovery systems. Our headquarters for European operations are in Dudelange, GD of Luxembourg.
Our carbon footprint team is looking for a highly talented graduate or final year student to join the and contribute to the evaluation of the Carbon emission of the Company and develop the evaluation of some of the subsidiaries of KES EMEA&I.
You will be a core part of the Carbon project team and have a central role in fulfilling client engagements across a range of products and applications. Your primary focus will be to research, collect, analyze and report the Carbon emissions of some companies of the group. As you develop you will take ownership of your own workstreams and come up with action plans for the Carbon footprint improvement of the company. You are self-organized, you have excellent knowledge of the Carbon footprint in the industry and strong technical capabilities, then you might be our ideal candidate.
Do you want to be challenged and supported to evolve and develop in a world-leading company in constant transformation? Can you creatively solve complex strategic issues faced by businesses in today's rapidly evolving economic landscape?
If so, please apply to join us as a Carbon footprint analyst.
A Day in the Life Typically Includes:
- Working closely with Sales, Engineering, Procurement, Logistic, Manufacturing, and Finance departments to map the carbon streams of the company through inquiries.
- Assessing and developing calculation tools and emission factors of our products. Standardize the calculations.
- Quantifying and analyzing the collected data in the Carbon calculator
- Developing and automatizing the periodical data collection process
- Identifying and developing opportunities to create superior value and reduce the carbon footprint of the Supply chain.
- Preparing the action plan to initiate the low carbon transition
- Promoting the low carbon results to our Customers
What You Will Need:
- Final year or degree in energy or other engineering discipline with a specialization or interest in environmental issues.
- Capacity to work autonomously.
- Organizational and analytical skills to deal efficiently with multiple priorities.
- Good command of Office tools (Excel).
- Good interpersonal skills, flexibility and proactivity.
- Fluent in English and French.
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Good knowledge of the Carbon emissions applied in the industry.
- Capacity to deal with different kinds of products and a wide variety of streams.
- Good knowledge of manufacturing processes, material types, and excellent capability of reading technical drawings.
- Good communication skills as you will be in contact with a large number of people within the organization.