Georgia-Pacific's Consumer Products division is seeking qualified professionals to consider for their Converting Technician position to support the Converting department inside the pulp and paper manufacturing facility located in Muskogee, OK.
In this role, you will be part of the continued operation and reliability improvements of various production lines. This position will report to the Technician Capability Leader and will work closely with Manufacturing Engineers, other Advanced Technicians, Reliability Technicians, Technicians, and various members of the product system the technician is assigned to.
This Converting Technician role will work in a high energy, dynamic organization established on the principles of an adaptive work system focused on the execution of reliability strategies. Technicians will learn and apply the equipment theory of operation and the operational processes. This position will work a 12-hour rotating shift schedule which will include evenings, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Apply knowledge and expertise while building and improving asset strategies; operate equipment within operations targets and limits along with providing feedback on improvements
- Evaluate and execute operator basic care (OBC) and lube routes
- Make recommendations on spare parts strategy
- Operate equipment to defined standards and product specification targets
- Monitor and/or entry into computer control systems
- Troubleshoot equipment to optimize production
- Perform basic asset care duties to include routine preventative maintenance and cleaning of work area
- Work as a team to help meet or exceed production, waste, quality, and safety goals
- Operate and/or work around mobile equipment
- Maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment
- Perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day, in a loud/noisy, and industrial, high-volume environment-work may be performed in high and/or confined spaces
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience troubleshooting, repairing, and adjusting equipment and machinery
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in a manufacturing, industrial, agricultural, or military environment OR completion of post high school education in a manufacturing/industrial centered program
What Will Put You Ahead
- Three (3) or more years of experience working in a mechanical, manufacturing, industrial, construction, warehouse or military environment
- Three (3) or more years of experience operating, repairing, maintaining, and troubleshooting mechanical equipment
- Three (3) or more years of experience using computerized machinery in a production environment
- Experience working in a Pulp/Paper Mill or with converting equipment
- Experience performing preventive maintenance routes in a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Experience using Microsoft Office tools
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com