Koch Companies Public Sector, LLC (KCPS) is seeking a Legal Specialist to provide support on a wide range of legal topics across the Litigation, Environmental Health & Safety, Compliance and Labor, Employment & Benefits Practice Areas as a member of the Legal Support Capability.
This is a great opportunity for someone that wants to establish or grow their career at Koch Industries. If you have professional experience and an interest in developing your career in a corporate legal department, you could be a great fit for this position.
We know there may be great candidates who don’t fit into what we’ve described below or who have important skills we haven’t thought of. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
This position is open to Atlanta, GA / Wichita, KS / Lisle, IL.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide support across a wide range of legal matters and subjects
- Investigate and work with the business and attorneys to gather information, documentation, and business records
- Manage the legal hold process including document review, tracking and production
- Liaise with outside counsel
- Conduct complex legal research and analysis
- Monitor new legislative, regulatory and case law development
- Apply business knowledge and technical expertise to optimize solutions and improve practices
- Support attorneys with long and short-term projects
The Experience You Will Bring
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a professional business, law firm or in-house legal department setting
- Experience in project management, process efficiencies and/or legal research
- Ability to innovate and transform processes using various types of technology
What Will Put You Ahead
- Litigation, Environmental Health & Safety, Public Policy, Compliance and/or Labor, Employments & Benefits experience
- Experience with legal systems and processes, i.e.: legal hold, discovery, legal research and/or matter management/ebilling
- Office 365 experience
- Experience evaluating and verifying documentation to determine compliance with standards, laws, and regulations
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf