Planner, Global Demand
You will be the owner of Demand Forecast for assigned products, responsible for generating and driving the Global Unconstrained Demand Forecast, incorporating with Business Projection coming from Product Managements, Sales as well as your own analysis.
Collaborate with internal/external customers to provide most educated and trustworthy short and long term (1 – 24months) forecast to Supply Team with Value Creation/Profitability and Forecast Accuracy in mind. Be able to explain managements and internal customers where the Forecast gaps are coming from when fluctuate. Understand marketing and sales activities, adjust forecast accordingly to minimize excess inventory (Finish Goods and raw material both).
Working closely with Supply Planning Team, understand where the shortfall in supply is against our forecast and monitor necessary actions are identified and are taken in advance to accommodate our future demand.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Product Marketing and Sales to obtain and ensure that current and best educated information is used to develop consensus based mid to long term demand forecasts.
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, self-develop statistical forecast models for DF judgement purposes, and evaluate forecast results
- Facilitate cross-functional conversation to improve transparency and visibility from sales to supply.
- Load/validate updated demand forecast to the appropriate planning system (SAP APO-DP) following the cadence.
- Use KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) of the own portfolio to ensure continual improvement. Using calculations of Forecast Accuracy, Forecast Bias and Covariance, etc. to improve quality of the forecasts.
- Engage with Product Marketing teams on New Product Introduction (NPI) and EOL to proactively send demand signals to Supply Planning.
- Drive process improvements to achieve more mature S&OP processes.
- Assess the disaggregation methodology. Monitor Demand Load into all related SCHs and Plants.
- Perform other related duties when arise.
Responsible for global product volume demand forecasting for specific materials linked to his own Global demand planner code, as well as groups of materials where requested.
REQUIRED: Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Supply Chain Management, Economics, Finance, Business Management or in lieu, 6 + yrs of experience in similar role.
PREFERRED: IBF, APICS certification.
REQUIRED: See PREFERRED.
PREFERRED: Minimum 3 - 5 years’ experience in a similar role in a high volume/high speed corporate environment. Experience or understanding in Sales, S&OP or Supply Chain Management. Practical knowledge of stats packages (i.e. SAS, SPSS or similar).