FACILITY SAFETY MANAGER
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Facility Safety Manager to provide leadership and presence at our lumber mill in Talladega, AL. The Safety Manager provides leadership and strategic direction by building a partnership with front-line leadership and collaborating with business partners. As an ambassador of Georgia-Pacific's culture and vision, the Safety Manager will develop and mentor the team while fostering a culture of safety and sustainability. You will facilitate team engagement through training and employee empowerment. This position reports directly to the Plant Manager, with a dotted-line reporting relationship to the Division Health & Safety Manager.
Georgia-Pacific produces Southern Pine dimension lumber, the workhorse of the building industry. It is an affordable, strong, durable softwood that is excellent for pressure treating, light frame construction, general utility framing, studs, pallets, crafting, and floor and roof trusses. Georgia-Pacific employees strive for safety and health excellence while achieving an injury-free workplace. Learn more at buildgp.com.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead to achieve the health and safety (H&S) vision by establishing and executing strategies through management commitment and employee ownership & accountability
- Facilitate health and safety (H&S) ownership and accountability through the line organization by establishing clearly defined roles, responsibilities, and expectations
- Foster an employee-driven safety ownership program and culture
- Coach employees on GP’s culture and Guiding Principles to aid in the teams’ understanding, acceptance, and use of the challenge process and decision rights
- Contribute to the selection, onboarding, and development of talent, resulting in continuous site-wide alignment with safety
- Manage employee injuries and worker’s compensation
- Build employee relationships and advance safety knowledge and hazard mitigation through coaching, mentoring, training, and employee engagement/empowerment
- Drive H&S excellence by developing and implementing risk and compliance management systems
- Effectively communicate the facility safety vision, strategies, and performance to internal and external stakeholders
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in safety, industrial hygiene, behavioral science, or engineering related field
- Three (3) or more years of safety experience in an industrial, manufacturing, or chemical process environment or completion of Georgia-Pacific’s ELP Program
- Experience in creating and delivering hands-on training and presentations
- Experience in industrial safety leadership
- Experience with OSHA, state, and local safety and compliance standards
What Will Put You Ahead
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Certified Industrial Hygiene (CIH) or progress towards achieving certification(s)
- Experience in behavior-based safety management
- Experience in workers’ compensation
- Experience working in building products
- Experience onboarding and developing employees, helping to foster a safety-driven culture
- Experience in leading a site to improved safety and performance
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf