Genesis Robotics and Motion Technologies – Buyer
At Genesis, there is no such thing as a dull moment. The path we are on is full of excitement, energy and exploring new frontiers. Picture having your own front row seat to the robotics revolution and the future of motion technologies. This is the journey Genesis has traveled since the company’s inception. The best part? We are just getting started.
With the launch of our first product and many more to come, we are looking for a motivated and dedicated Buyer to join our fast-growing Operations team. You will have the opportunity of designing and implementing Supply Chain best practices. An opportunity for you to bring forth what you have tried and may have wanted to try. In your day-to-day, you will work directly with a world-class supply chain team and other industry professionals. Successful candidates will have a hunger for entrepreneurial environments and creative problem solving.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Process Purchase Requisitions and issue Purchase Orders for products and services based on negotiated costs and deliverables with selected suppliers; and in line with organizational targets and compliance requirements
- Manage a portfolio of materials and suppliers to ensure that both Production and Product Development program objectives are met
- Replenish inventory based on ERP action notices and manage assigned parts or product family
- Support a cross-functional supplier selection process, that may include participation in supplier audits as well as ongoing supplier performance assessments
- Identify supplier capability, capacity constraints, and development requirements
- Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials, and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact to business operations
- Deliver briefs, updates, and reports as required
- Develop and document procurement processes in alignment with corporate compliance requirements
- Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relations to all supplier partnerships
- Identify new or alternate sources of supply, including both onshore and offshore possibilities, while maintaining alignment to the long-term supply chain strategy
- Support internal customers by meeting their goals from a supply chain point-of-view
- Work cross-functionally across the organization and with suppliers to solve any issues related to material supply, costing, and any related discrepancies regarding purchase order to invoice
- Support other members of the purchasing team in order placements and expedites
- Support negotiations with suppliers to secure the best total cost of ownership for commercial products, ensuring the best achievable material pricing, payment, delivery, and warranty terms
The Experience You Will Bring
- 3+ years of experience in a buyer role
- Able to demonstrate a strong knowledge base of key supply chain concepts
- 1+ year of experience using an ERP or MRP system
What Will Put You Ahead
- Knowledge or understanding of Theory of Constraint / Demand Drive Operating Model methodologies
- Experience with R+ and DBR+
- Enrolled or completed CPIM, CSCP or SCMP
- A degree in business, commerce or recognized accreditation programs/courses
- Demonstrated ability to develop solutions when faced with complex challenges
- Able to manage challenges while continuing to meet deadlines and achieve goals
- Able to build commitment to ideas, plans, and courses of action
- Strong time management skills and multi-tasking capabilities
- Detailed and highly organized
- Able to work independently, and in a team environment
- Skilled in interpreting and communicating technical information
- Skilled in communication, negotiation, problem solving, and decision making
Who is Genesis Robotics?
Genesis Robotics and Motion Technologies develops and commercializes innovative actuation technologies, including electric motors and gears, for robotics and other end markets. Our core patented product is a high-torque direct drive robotic actuator – the LiveDrive™. The LiveDrive™, along with a growing portfolio of other motion technologies, will power the world’s fastest, safest, and most versatile robots.
Located in Langley, British Columbia, our rapidly growing team is currently made up of 150+ individuals with diverse skillsets: PhD engineers, designers, physicists, mathematicians, highly skilled machinists and fabricators, and business development and sales professionals.
As a part of the Koch family, we are now able to leverage the capabilities and strength of one of the world’s largest private companies as we look to bring our technologies to the world.
See more at our website: https://genesisrobotics.com/
our Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD5azmfUwUcfAvJn8jl1_eg
and on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/17962496/